The Devil's crow ; chapter 1

i walk along the stone path as the snow encaves me . i look up to see the grey skys lines, like battle scars. I see Garrett and i run to him. I feel a sense of warmth as he wraps his arms around me, and kisses my cheek softly. " Savannah, how are you holding up," he asks. I  see the warn line creases in his face to see that he looks concerned. I look up into his soft green eyes. "Fine really Garrett. i'm fine," i say . Its been 12 hours since i found out that my dad died. He knows im lying. How could i be ok ? It's impossible to be ok right now with all of the crap thats going on. My mom left my dad, my dad would stay out really late at the bar and drink his sorrows away leaving me to fend for myself. Of course i had Garrett, but he couldnt always be there. " i know your not ok . Babe, i'm here for you , you know that right? " He holds me tight and looks into my eyes. " Yeah i know. " i kiss his lips . He breaks away and asks," Are we still going to that movie? " " Yeah, you go to the car and i'll meet you there in a minute, " i say . " ok , dont be long," and he jogs to the car. I look around the path, and see that on a leafless tree that a single crow sits on the top branch. It brings me a sense of pain , like its mocking me . It flys away into the dark, gloomy sky. I feel like its some sort of sign . But i shake off the feeling as i run to the old , brown pick-up truck.