Nightmare

Ludwig's eyes slowly opened as his sleep was disturbed. He grumbled, squinting in the darkness of the bedroom, before settling on the Italian in his arms. He had small tears leaking down his cheeks, and he was squirming around.

"Feli. Feliciano. Wake up." He murmured, shaking his husband's arm slightly. The Italian, Feli, woke up sweating, his eyes darting wildly around before realizing he was in the bedroom. His breathing calmed down slightly, and he buried his head in Ludwig's chest.

"Ssh, ssh." Ludwig soothed, petting Feliciano's hair as he hiccuped slightly. After an indefinite amount of time, the younger finally calmed down. He looked up at the German, eyes slightly red and tear marks down his cheeks. But he still looked so beautiful in his eyes.

"What's wrong, meine liebe?" He kissed his forehead, waiting for an answer.

"I-it's stupid. D-don't worry about it." Feli's accent was music to Ludwig's ears, but he frowned.

"Something must've upset you." He pressed, his blue eyes searching his lover's brown ones. Ludwig pressed gentle kisses to Feli's forehead, and cheeks, urging him to continue. Feliciano launched into his explanation. Ludwig couldn't help it, between being tired and Feliciano's certain brand of, err, enthusiasm, he zoned in and out.

Feli finished recounting his nightmare, which Ludwig barely followed. All he'd gathered were the words 'pasta,' 'laser beams,' and 'slippers.' He sighed internally, Feliciano has always had an active imagination. Regardless, he cuddled the smaller male closer to his chest.

"It's alright, meine liebe. It was only a bad dream, it wasn't real" Ludwig consoled him, knowing that the younger would end up falling asleep in his arms. Soon enough, he heard Feliciano's breathing even out, and small snores to slip through his parted lips.

"Good night, meine liebe." Ludwig murmured, shifting Feli so he was laying down on his chest. He pulled the blanket up around them, tucking the Italian against him more. Smiling, he pressed one last kiss against Feliciano's forehead before nodding off himself. Another day, another reason to love Feliciano Beilschmidt.

[[Written for my irl friend, Alaina! She was feeling down in the dumps last week, and I meant to write this earlier, but eh, I'm lazy and was going through writer's block. It's sort, but I hope you enjoy it Alaina!]]