can't get enough

written 11/21/18

- - - - -

sugawara koushi's pov ;

"i'm cold!"

"i'm trying my best here. you can't just yell 'i'm cold!' and expect me to be up at my dor--"

"my throat hurts!"

"this is your fault, you kno--"

"i'm tired!"

"oikawa, please--"

and it went on, just like that, for another five flights of stairs. even though oikawa was the one to run out into the pouring rain, even though koushi was the one who told him not to run out to the pretty flower, and even though oikawa was the one to refuse koushi's request to take at the very least some coats for their trip to the library because it looked too overcast to be a normal, sunny afternoon, there they were. a whining oikawa tooru in the arms of a poor sugawara koushi walking up a total of seven flights of stairs to reach koushi's dorm room because it was the closest to where they were. koushi went up the stairs two at a time with one light backpack and one very heavy backpack because oikawa just had to pack all of his paranormal and alien articles and books to show koushi that 'they really exist and if they see that i'm as committed to this as i say, they'll take me and teach me and raise me as one of their own!'. the constant wiggling and complaining didn't help much either.

but for as loud as he was, koushi loved his voice. for as wet as he was, koushi love his impromptu hairstyle. for as heavy as his backpack was, koushi loved his nerdy side. for as childish as he was acting, koushi loved the challenge.

for as oikawa tooru as he was being, koushi couldn't get enough of it.

as he thought of the seemingly endless list of why he hadn't just dropped oikawa onto the floor and walked to his dorm to watch volleyball matches, koushi smiled softly to himself and watched to make sure he didn't trip on the stairs that he was trying to run up. oikawa must've noticed because he stopped his whining and wiggling to just look at koushi.

"what're you thinking about, suga-chan? are you marveling at how refreshing i look?" oikawa ran a slow hand through his wet hair, the strands going along with his hand only to stick to the top of his head. he looked to the side as he did this, trying to look like the volleyball model he thought he was.

"you actually look like a wet dog but hey, what would i know about looking refreshing?" koushi said the magic word the same way oikawa did a few moments prior. oikawa snapped his head his head to look at koushi, betrayal and offense written all over.

"suga-chan! mean!" as suga chuckled at his childlike charm, oikawa crossed his arms and looked away. it was silent for another flight of stairs. just three more to go. halfway through the third to last flight, oikawa had snuggled closer to koushi. koushi looked down to see oikawa looking away, his arms still crossed and his face still in his cute, infamous pout.

"what're you doing?"

there was a silence before the other boy answered. "i got cold." koushi could see the slight red that accompanied the star setter's cheeks as oikawa admitted his problem at hand.

without another word, the two traveled up the remaining stairs.

timeskip ;

koushi made chicken noodle soup while oikawa showered and changed.

he was always labeled 'the mom friend' but he couldn't help it, koushi loved caring for others and making sure they were okay. at karasuno, he was always watching out for his teammates and his classmates. if one looked slightly different than they usually did, koushi was usually the first to go up and make sure they were okay. when daichi talked about how worried he was about the team or when asahi got sad about them graduating soon, koushi was always there with his 'negativity begone!'s. sure he was sad that he was replaced by a first year as the starting setter but if winning and growing and moving on match after match made the team happy and hopeful for its future, who was he to take that away? he put on his signature smile and called for the team to move onto the next practice. to move on to the next round. to move kageyama to set the next winning point.