Chapter 1- "Goddammit, Eren!"

It was harder than he thought.

Much harder than he ever imagined anyway...

I mean,

what was so hard about asking your best friend out on a date anyway??

It took only a question.

A mere simple statement, rather.

Or ten words- if you wanted to precise.

Would. You. Go. Out. On. A. Date. With. Me.

No wait...Nine. Make that nine words it took.

Nine simple words.

So..why in the world was Eren overthinking this so much?

He sighed loudly, tugging on the edges of his hair and quietly let a long string of swear words flow from his lips.

"Goddammit!"

The brunette stood up suddenly and flung the barrack door open, nearly running down the hallways.

He had to do this now.

It /had/ to be now.

If the titan shifter had waited any longer, he would begin to doubt so much more than he already had.

"Where is he?" Eren asked himself under his breath, peeking through halfway closed doors and occasionally dashed down narrow corridors. Subconsciously the teenager had begun to pick at his nails, a horrible habit of his, though it was much better than pulling out his hair or chewing the insides of his cheeks. Then again his nails could come in handy for...stuff, and maybe-

"Eren?!"

"O-Ow!"

Eren rubbed his forehead, groaning, sure he had some great supernatural healing abilities or whatever, but when it came to small things like accidental 'headbutts' with a voice that sounded WAY too familiar, it's almost like that power disappeared.

"Why were you running over here so fast? Is there an emergency down there?"

Eren blinked, staring down at the blonde infront of him.

Armin?

Wait...Shit!

"Aheh, A-Armin, buddy, heyy!" Eren greeted, waving awkwardly, and shook his head. "Nope, there aren't any problems. I was just coming to find you, is all." He smiled slightly.

A minute in conversation and Eren could already tell.

This was definitely not going well.

Armin tilted his head slightly, raising his eyebrow. Slowly he shook his head and grinned, "oh? Well, why? Around this time your usually arguing or training with someone.. Is there anything you need help with?"

"Can't I just come see my best friend without asking him to help me with something?"

"Not at this time, no."

Armin said, giggling and crossed his arms, then blinked, watching Eren's cheeks suddenly turn red.

"Eren, what's...what's wrong? Why are you suddenly blushing like that?"

'Just ask him, Eren.

Say it!

Armin's your best friend, he won't laugh!

...Hopefully.'

Eren thought, gulping.

"L-Look..I...I like you.. A lot. Though, i-it's not in the way you think! I like you, like..here.."

Eren stuttered horribly, softly poking his finger where his heart sat inside his skin, as Armin stared at the babbling brunette.

"I've been meaning..I've been wanting to tell you for a while now, but I-I could never get the words right and I even tried to practice with myself. B-but that's not the point! I..W-would you just..Do you wanna-?"

"Go on a...date?" Armin asked, it took him a moment to remember the correct term.

"Y-Yeah..."

Eren rubbed the back of his head, "I..I was..-"

He was suddenly silenced by Armin reaching up on his toes, and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Of course." The blonde smiled, playfully poking Eren's cheeks, "let's meet back here tomorrow, and we can plan it together. Okay, Eren?"

"O-okay.."

And with that, Armin hurried down the other path of the hall, leaving a baffled and starry eyed Eren, staring behind him.

Tomorrow, was going to be interesting.