Prologue

Room 9, in Bed,
Parazolè Hotel,
Coiners road, Bulio.
9th July.

My dear Mary,

To what do I owe this honor, you're actually reading this aren't you? Well, I thought you wouldn't because, most of my letters sent to you remains unread till this date.

Anyways, a little ming told me you're having troubles these past few weeks. Just say the word and we'll have our wedding on that beach side at the extreme end of Inex. Okay so that's settled...

I also heard, Alice is doing well, and we haven't had any rival attack between her and your nephew. That seems to be going according to plan, the little bonding of respect to erase any trace of hate. Hopefully it would work out right.

It's such a tragedy to hear that our dear Sunny is in such a state. Lady Georgia must be devastated for her not have found Rose or Violet and not to mention pebbles. I regret not having been there, I had some things to take care of.

I'm sure that doesn't bother you, except the fact that you're losing guests. Money's always on your mind, that's one of the things I love about you. You're so practical, you wouldn't even blink at death knocking on your door. But that's not the point.

It seems to me an old friend as returned. Trouble's back at the headquarters and we need you back. It might take a week or two, but surely you can leave the inn for a few weeks in the hands of her ladyship. She's the most trust worthy. After all, she does makes the best home (and pies) and she's responsible.

Okay... I think I've said enough. Don't want this letter to get to the wrong hands, that's why I'm keeping it simple. It might take a while for you to decode this, but I hope you do eventually.

Your future awaits,
The man in pyjamas.

PS: let Alice know what she's supposed to know, before it's too late. She needs to know.

PPS: He has returned from where we thought he would not, He comes seeking for knowledge only to lead to destruction, He comes wearing a mask of good covering the evil he hides. For all you know, he isn't just after revenge. Our old friend his back.

"That old, blundering fool."