Ashley

"Are you sure we won't get in trouble?" I couldn't be the only one that cared about our safety.

"No... but it would be a fun experience." I could sense doubt in her tone.

"Count me in!"

"Me too!" Uhh how I hated when I was outnumbered.

"So... Ashley, you're in too, right?" 

"Fiiine." 

"Then it's settled. Tonight 6, the treehouse don't be late." And just like that, it ended. 

I looked down at how long we had talked, wow, 4 hours, but we've done longer. I was usually the last one down for Lizzy's crazy ideas, Diana and Karisse normally were all for it, no matter the risks. Our families had known each other before we were even born, it just happened to be that we were the best of friends too. 

"MOM, I'M GOING TO LIZZY'S TONIGHT. WE'RE HAVING A SLEEPOVER."

"OKAY." When I'm in my room I'm too lazy to walk downstairs so I just shout, these shout conversations are kind of me and my mom's thang. 

As I was packing my bag my door suddenly opened wide, and would you know it, it was Denise pretending that she had powers.

"OMG Denise, how many times do I have to tell you to not come in my room without knocking."

"Well I did knock, you just didn't hear it." I was tired playing these childish games with her.

"Stop pretending you have powers like one of those witches in Legacies , cus you don't. Magic. doesn't . exist." I made sure to emphasize on that last part.

Furious, she left my room but she made sure to scream an "It does"as she slammed my door. For a ten year old she had a lot of attitude. I finished packing my bags and started walking to Greenfield Park, where the treehouse was located. We are not supposed to break the curfew of 11pm, but of course, we do.