Return of The Queen(Aragorn x elf!reader)

You among your comrades with bated breath, the doors of Mordor looming ahead. Closing your eyes you let out a breath in hopes of soothing your fear riddled heart. You left a familiar calloused hand gently cup your cheek and turn your face, eyes still lidded. You felt a forehead press to yours and you stayed still and quiet in that moment. "Aragorn, please don't die" you breathed out, your breath gently caressing his lips. 

Many days you spent trying to convince him to stay in Minas Tirith, to stay away from Sauron and the Orcs of Mordor. The people would need their king with them, to soothe their fears and give them guidance. How was he to do that from the very gates of Mordor? He would simply shake his head and smile his beautiful heartache of a smile and murmur "Meleth, I shall not lose you in that battle. I shall not sit here in discomfort while you are away fighting for a kingdom that isn't yours." No matter your persistence here he was in front of you. 

Aragorn hushed you, "Battle is never a sure thing meleth. Gi melin, let us enjoy this moment together as it may be our last. Let us not spend what could be our last moment in fear and worry...but in happiness. As there is no more honorable way to die than for the one you love." your lip quiver and pools filled your (E/C) orbs but you held it back because he was right. If you shall die this day you would gladly throw down your immortality for him. "Gi melin" you murmured before meeting his lips, his hand moved from your cheek to your neck as he returned the kiss. 

You both reluctantly pulled away as the gates of Mordor loudly creaked open, scraping the earth, the echo itself instilled fear into the men around you. 

"Stand your ground men! Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers, i see in you I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day may come when the courage of Men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day - an hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Man comes crashing down - but it is not this day!!! This day we fight by all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand!" Aragorn raised his sword to the heavens and out erupted howls of determination from the soldiers, they were ready to plunge themselves into the next life if it meant to protect the ones they love. 

Within mere moments of the gates becoming agape hordes or mangled, bloodthirsty orcs flooded out and had surrounded everyone. You sent one last look to Aragorn, your eyes meeting for what felt like a millennia, you could see all your memories flashing through his grey pools. A single tear streaked your cheek as he turned his back and charged into battle roaring out a battle cry that soon all including yourself joined in with. The battle started so quickly, blood of man and orc painting the soil. 

You fought with a clear view of Aragorn, willing and ready to run to his aid if need be. You gripped your elven twin blades and slashed all orcs who neared you. Head were sent rolling past your feet while you fought with the passion of a thousand men. Aragorns face continued to flash through your mind, the day you met many decades ago, the day he had told you of his feelings for your best friend Arwen, The look he had when she left without so much as a goodbye. You had been so distracted by your thoughts that you failed to notice the filth of a creature coming up behind you.

"Y/N!!!" Your brother Legolas cried out, twisting around a moment too late as orcish steel pierced through your middle. Aragorn turned hearing the mention of your name and watched in horror as the blade was roughly torn from you. He felt the world pause as your form limply hit the ground. His chest tightened as he saw your eyes slowly flutter shut. 

Rage filled his chest and Hate clouded his eyes as he began fighting with more ferocity than all of the beasts in middle earth. His blade tore through orc after orc feeling nothing but burning pain and the need for revenge coursing through him. Corpses began to pile and surround the saviors of the world. Frodo had gotten the ring into the pits of mount doom and Sauron was defeated. The survivors cheered for their victory while Legolas and Aragorn searched through as many piles of bodies as they could, searching for their precious Y/n.