Timey Wimey Shit

QUESTION
Is sending a being's memories back in time the same as sending the being itself back in time?

Okay, so it has come to my attention that games can ask the 'real shit' type of questions like the one above.

How I came across this question was by watching Jacksepticeye play a game called Outer Wilds which I would highly recommend to those who have not heard of it, it's the good shit you know!

Anyway, during the game this question pops up and maybe I'm thinking about this way too much but I seriously wanted to know the answer so I had a full blown convo with a friend that I won't name but that's who I spoke to and here were mine and their thoughts throughout the whole thing.

Key:
My text
Friends text

~Start of text~

So if you are able to send your memories back in time isn't it the same as you yourself (as in your being) being sent back in time? Because essentially your memories are of an essence "you"  so that would basically be you going back in time right?

Basically the merories you make already are there, but if you go back in time you're  just gonna make the same memories aren't you?

Well no because if you already know what your "memories" are, you would change it or could change it right? So that would mean you've gone back in time and then (if you wanted to) change the future as well?

Mmm but if you just keep going back in time to the memories you're  basically just  repeating yourself, wow this is confusing.

But if you do send your memories back in time won't they be erased from your head?

True? But technically they wouldn't be there, but you would've seen the future because they were sent from the future!

But you can't really see the future if your memories are being sent back or erased. Because you will just be in the time you were when you did send the memories back in time.

Well okay. Say you made this timey wimey fucking machine then. And after you've made it you do a test run by...I don't know? Doing a lap around a field. Then say that happened ten minutes ago after you made the machine.

Yeah, so like the flash?

Once that memory is made you send it back in time with the time machine. But the memory would be sent back at the time you have either finished making the machine or within the time the machine was made.

That's kinda right though. You make a memory, send it through the time machine and then you won't make that memory till it was at the right time.

~End of text~

It was by this time that we both had headaches and gave up on trying to figure that shit out. But I still didn't get my answer!

So if you think about my little hypothesis from before and you did all those things, wouldn't it be going back in time? Or would it just be a really complex time capsule? Or a really weird time paradox?

1. You make the machine,
2. You waste time for ten minutes by doing something productive. Which by the time you've finished being productive it's all in the past, making it into a memory no?
3. Once that's done you somehow send this memory back in time with the time machine. It will be sent back between the times of the machine being made and from then on forward.
4. You have then essentially gone back in time and your past self has seen the future. Meaning their past is no longer their past and neither is their future really theirs. Okay now I've just confused myself even more aaahggghhh!

Okay so if no.4 is true that means it's then creating an alternative universe and continuing this process would create multiple versions of a similar universe, right?

But let's say your past self has seen the future "memory".

This tells your past self two things:
One, the time machine works!
Two, that could've been my future.

I'm putting could in bold because now that I know the time machine works and seen what I did during that time that means I don't need to do whatever I did from before, but also not before because I won't be doing that.

But I think I'm just chatting pure shit now, but I would like other opinions.