Losing Love (Completed)

Author's Note: Everything in italics and between ~'~ are Taylor Swift's lyrics from Last Kiss. Video on the side.

Vote and comment! :)

Losing Love:

~'~'~

I still remember the look on your face

Been through the darkness at 1:58

The words that you whispered for just us to know

You told me you loved me so why did you go away, go away

~'~'~

She smiled at the hazel eyed boy. She reached out to brush a tendril of light brown hair out of the way. He grinned back sleepily, his lips not quite forming a complete smile. These were the moments Payton loved. Neither of them talked, they just cuddled on the couch while the TV muttered to itself in the background. 

She didn't need fancy dinners or expensive gifts. She just needed Matthew's arms wrapped around her. She just need the soft, almost feather-like kisses he would sporadically leave on her nose and cheeks. She just needed him.

"It's getting late." He mumbled as he lazily traced patterns on Payton's palm. 

"It's only 1:58am, I don't know what you're talking about." She teased lightly. 

"I love you," Matthew smiled before brushing his lips against the back of her hand. She giggled as she pulled her hand away from his lips. He looked up to her and pouted, but Payton rolled her eyes and pressed their lips together in a kiss. They molded perfectly, like two pieces of a heart slotting back together.

Payton pulled away for a second. "I love you too."

~'~'~

I do recall now the smell of the rain

Fresh on the pavement, I ran off the plane

That July 9th, the beat of your heart

It jumps through your shirt, I can still feel your arms

~'~'~

Payton impatiently fumbled with her shirt as the flight attendants worked around the plane. She let her eyes wander over to the plane's window once more and saw the rain splattering against the plastic. Finally the doors were opened and people slowly filed out. Payton hefted her bag onto her shoulder and tapped her foot until her time came to exit the plane.

There was a slight hop to her step as she stepped off and followed the swarm of people. As she descended the final steps before the baggage claim, her eyes landed on the familiar brunette. A smile lit up Payton's face as she dropped her bag and ran full force at her boyfriend. A laugh emitted from his lips as he spun her around.