The Stiletto Fiasco

It started with a broken pencil and ten inch stilettos. Correction: Elaine's ten inch stilettos. See her stilettos+my pencil=CRAZYINESS

A broken pencil. A stupid pencil leads to Eric. (Sighs) Leads to Elaine's crew. Leads to ditching,prom, dresses money and....another pencil. See if I had just listened to Maggie, I'd be in the bathroom, trying to look cool. Now I'm the bathroom with Elaine, also trying to look cool. Save me? Apparently not. It all started when...

"Please, please, please ditch! Once! Once!" Maggie pleaded with me. I shook my head, grinning.

"Nope." I walked. She follows me, giving me puppy eyes. "Still no." I remind her and she opens her mouth. She shuts it and the bell rings. Saved by the bell. Phew.

"You owe me!" She calls, walking backwards. I laughs and wave her off. English class, here I come. I dash in and slide into my seat as the second bell rings. I grab a pencil and paper, as per usual.

"Today we will be-" Mrs. Liana starts and then the door opens. Elaine. The only one who can get off being late because her Daddy is a millionaire. The click of her heels on the hard floor are familiar now. And my pencil, of course, clatters to the floor. My face heats up and I bend down and- crunch. My pencil is now dust. Due to Elaine's stilettos.

"Omeegod! I am, like, so sorry! Seriously." She rushes out in her high, sugar sweet voice. I snap up and look at her. Smiling lips, sparkling eyes. I look down.

"No, really no biggie." I murmur. She shakes her head, blonde hair flying.

"It is! Ok, y'all know what? Sit with me at lunch. We can chat then! Party maybe?" She asks and winks. I give a half hearted grin. Yay. Lunch. Maggie would kill to be me. She worships Elaine. Worships. About the party? That's unheard of. Me? A loser to her? Queen Bees party? Event of the fucking century. Sadly, again, I am a loser. Perhaps ditching lunch will be good. And town. And the country. And my name. And face.

Stupid pencil.