Im Just A Kid

Song
I'm Just A Kid- Simple Plan

~Katie~
"Well I'm so sorry that I'm a terrible daughter but don't you think that maybe if you were a better father I would have turned out better?!" I shout running upstairs to my room without even looking back.

"Katie come back here!" He shouts but I slam my door before he could come after me.

I'm just tired of everything. He puts me through shit and expects me to be fine. I hate how people see dark clothing and a few piercings and automatically assume you're either a badass or an overall terrible person. Sure I have a bad attitude, but I have my reasons as to why.

My mom died when I was thirteen. That's when I stopped talking, started to have a wardrobe consisting of mostly black, started having a need to wear bracelets and long sleeves, and started to get piercing ideas.

Yeah I know what you're thinking. 'You still have your dad' wrong. He's constantly working and yelling at me for being a "rebellious teenage daughter". He tries, he really does, but him trying doesn't really help me. He can't bring back my mom by purchasing things for me. My mom and I used to do everything together. That was until she met the front end of a drunk drivers truck. She taught me how to play guitar when I turned ten, I loved it so much that I got my own when I turned eleven and have been playing since then.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and headed towards the bathroom to freshen up for work. I work at the book store next to the small coffee shop just across the street. Despite my, what some people might call, "dark and dangerous" appearance I actually love books. I switched out my lip ring, wiped the excess makeup from under my eyes, and adjusted my beanie. I then decided I looked decent enough. I grabbed my phone laced my black converse and walked out the door into the cold New York air not bothering to tell my dad where I was going.

I walked across the street not bothering to look both ways as I headed for the bookstore. I walked in and mumbled what sounded like 'hello' to my friend Nina as I headed towards the back room to get my name tag.

.•.•.•.•

My shift was going to end in a half hour. We've had a pretty slow day today, only about ten to fifteen people have came in. I heard the bells ring signifying that someone was here and looked up. I caught eye contact with a pair of gorgeous hazel eyes and quickly looked down.

I hadn't thought much about him. He's probably just another good boy who liked books. He's not my type. I never got a good look at him. All I really saw was his eyes, and he's pretty tall compared to me, then again I'm only 5'3.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a cough coming from the person in front of me. It was him, he had a muscular build, a nice tan, and a head of dark blonde messy curls. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't attractive.

"Sorry about that. I'm having a bit of an off day today" I apologized. "Oh don't worry it's not a problem." He chuckled. He had a familiar accent that I couldn't quite comprehend and it was driving me nuts. The accent made him a lot hotter than he already was. He handed me the book he wanted to purchase which was 'Divergent'. "You haven't read this series yet??" I exclaimed shocked. That's my favorite series. "Umm no. My friend recommended it to me actually." he smiled and I noticed he had a lovely pair of dimples. "So where are you from?" I ask curiously. "Australia" he states. "I knew it" I mumbled under my breath but I'm pretty sure he heard me because I heard a low laugh after I said it.

"Have a nice day." I smiled as I handed him the bag. "Thanks you too..uhmm" he paused "Katie" he said as he found my name tag and I smiled. He took his book and walked out of the store. I never knew some random guy from the bookstore would have such a big impact on my life.

*****

Soo yeah there's Chapter One:) I'm not the biggest fan of this chapter but it will get better I promise! vote and comment what you think. By the way keep in mind that this story is based off of a few years back, just keep that in mind when reading. Thanks!

~Kay