responsible

CHAPTER tweleve

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Putting the Clothes On
part2
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Putting the Clothes Onpart2||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

•we are all•
responsible
⚚⚚⚚

"Better not fuck with the Lafite while he's in there." Luke said as he locked the glass door.

Everyone was quiet. Ond, because they had no idea what to do with Dewey, and, two, no one knew Luke had all this wine in his basement. Luke turned to face the group after glaring at Dewey who was curled up in a ball in the corner of the cellar.

"Bro! Bro, how come you never told us you had all this wine down here?" Jason asked as he running came down the stairs.

He moved Grizz and Will out of the way so he could make his way to the front of the group. Almost everyone ignored him but Luke responded.

"This isn't just wine, Jason. This is a collection."

Bleu broke eye contact with the wine cellar and turned to the group.

"Someone has to make sure that he gets food and water."

"Luke, can you bring someone down here?" Will asked he turned to the boys behind him. "Keep an eye on him?"

"Yeah, yeah, we'll do shifts." Like responded nodding with Will's words.

"How's he going to go to the bathroom?" Allie asked, breaking the silence she had since that morning.

"We'll get him a bucket or something," Grizz said.

Bleu looked at the group and pursed her lips before turning back to Dewey. How was she supposed to do this? Possibly kill someone she went to school with less than a month ago? Well of course she had Allie's help to make the decision, but still...

"Look, it's the only option," Grizz said as an attempt to comfort Bleu. "He could hurt someone else and what he did to Cassandra..."

Grizz stopped and looked at Allie. She was looking down the floor, the subject of her sister was still a little sore.

"He's not getting away with it." he finished.

Bleu looked at Dewey. Dewey stayed curled up in his ball of guilt and stared at the floor. Bleu shook her head.

"Then why don't I feel any better?" She whispered to herself.

The room became silent but before everyone could leave Allie called for a meeting at the church in an hour. She told The Guard to spread the word and everyone was gone. Bleu stood staring at Dewey for another minute.

~~~

The church was full. Students were whispering rumor of how Dewey was captured and dragged out of his house. Yet, everyone still seemed to be filled with joy because the punishment wasn't on their shoulders. Everyone in the church looked at Campbell as he strode down the aisle. They were in awe because somehow Campbell wasn't the reason for Cassandra's death.