•《chapter I》•

The slight breeze carried a soft salty scent, the delicate waves lapped onto the sandy beach, and the blood orange sun slowly disappeared over the horizon. The laughter of children could be heard as they chase each other around, ignoring their agitated parents who called for them by their packed cars. In that moment everything could be forgotten, any hardships or struggles- forgotten. It was just a pure beautiful bliss.

Arianna Alexander let out a quiet sigh and slowly turned from the waters edge, her eyes leaving the disappearing sun. She held her sandals in her hand as she walked across the warm sand. Once she reached the sidewalk, Arianna walked to the faucet, rinsing off her feet. She slips on her sandals once they were clean and heads to her car.

Her father had told her to be back home before dark, but she wanted to see the sunset there just one last time. She knew her father would be okay with it when she told him her reasons. The older man felt bad for the move, but he had to, and she knew that. A better job; his dream job at that, it also brought them better opportunities, like seeing where he grew up and they would also save up on money, due to the prices there.

Part of her wanted to hate Daniel for making her move from her friends, school, and her dance studio. She didn't want to leave the only place that brought her the beautiful memories of her mother and brother. God, she wanted to hate him, but she never brought herself to feel any resentment towards the older man.

They are all each other has, and Arianna knew it was hard on him. She wouldn't admit it but she has heard him crying at night, quietly wishing that they were still there, and how much he misses them.

A tear left her eye as she looked once more at the fading sun. In that moment she could remember her mom and brother. She remembered the day her mother took her and her brother out to the beach, she was seven at the time. Her father was working that day at the store, so Elenor had promised to take the kids out to the beach and swim. She missed them.

Looking at the now dark horizon Arianna knew she would always have her memories of her mother and twin brother with her. So turning once again she opens her car door and gets in.

°•°•°•°•°

"You're late." Daniel Alexander said as his daughter walked through the door. He looked at the clock on the wall, it was 10:34 p.m.

"Sorry," she mumbled while taking off her shoes. "I lost track of time." She was about to head up the stairs toward her room but her father stopped her.

"Look Ari I know you dont want to move and I'm sorry. I wish there was some other way, but I can't do-"

"Dad," Arianna interrupted him, "its okay." With that said, she makes her way up the stairs Daniel is left smiling at his kid.

Arianna looked around her room as she entered it. The walls once filled with posters and pictures were now bare. Her shelves were cleared of the little knick knacks she had collected over the years and packed in boxes, along with her clothes. Her dresser and vanity were in the moving truck already on the way to their new house.

A sigh escaped her soft pink lips as she sat on her bed, all that remained on it was a blanket and a pillow. On the floor next to it was a suit case filled with all of her valuable things and a few sets of clothes to last the car ride. After about an hour of last minute packing her father pops his head in and tells her it's time for bed.