innocent

CHAPTER thirteen

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Putting the Clothes On
part3
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Putting the Clothes Onpart3||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

•guilty until proven•
innocent
⚚⚚⚚

Little to no noise filled the church. The group had about five minuted left to set up for the trial. the boys had laid out two tables in front of the pews one for Dewey and Helena, the defense, and another for Goride, the prosecution. Bleu and Allie carried in a table and set it in front of the pews for the judge, Bleu. Will had set up a single chair for the few witnesses they had.

Gordie was sitting in the first row attempting to tie his tie, he grumbled in frustration. Once he finished he placed a shoe box on the table, his evidence. Everyone remained silent. This was a happy day because they were finally avenging Cassandra, but then again Bleu and Allie still had a punishment to decide.

The kids started to trickle in. The church was about halfway filled, clumps of kids sitting everywhere. Kids even filled the balcony corner to corner. Everyone was present yet, no one talked.

Luke and Grizz brought Dewey in. The sat him at the table and Luke sat behind, him next to Jason. Grizz made his way to the back of the church to guard the door. Thee jury or honors kids walked in and took their seats. Bleu looked over at them then at Dewey and then at Grizz. Grizz nodded signaling to start. Bleu took a shaky breath.

"Okay. Let's start." She said into the microphone in front of her, but no one heard her.

Bleu tampered with the microphone for a second before receiving screeching feedback. Everyone snapped their heads towards her and gawked with their hands covering their ears.

"Umm, okay that works," She chuckled slightly, but she received nothing from
the crowd. "Uh, I think when you do something for the first time, part of you thinks that you're just pretending. I'm not this person, I'm just putting the clothes on."

Bleu looked around the room as she talked. Everyone was serious and quiet. They all waited in silence. In her mind, Bleu struggled for words but she didn't show that on her face.

"And this, this, is so weird. I mean, we've all seen it on TV, but I think that just makes it worse."

Helena looked up from the desk in front of her and made eye contact with Bleu. She went back to the conversations she had with Helena. Everything that would be decided today, every choice that she or Allie made was on her head. She was writing new history for this new town.

"We own it all now. Everything. Every store, every building. Everything is our decision. The good and the bad." Bleu said as she sat back in her chair and stopped for a second.

Bleu stopped her rambling and let her words sink in. At this moment everyone present in the town of West Ham realized that this was for real. Every choice, every decision. It was real. No matter how bad it gets, there's no coming back.