Author's Note

CONTENT WARNING

This story deals with mature subject matter. It contains strong language and themes of suicide, abuse, and misogyny. If you find any of these topics harmful, do what's best for you and select one of the many other fine stories available on Wattpad.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The genesis of this story was a simple idea about a man going back to his home on the lake and being haunted by his past. In the writing of the rough draft, Skad emerged. The more words that filled the page, the more he revealed himself to be a horrible example of humanity, and the things haunting him were only the tip of the iceberg of skeletons in his closet (to mix metaphors). When I was done, I thought I'd stick the story in my folder of abandoned projects and forget about it. After all, the world seems far too filled with old, despicable men to add one more, even a fictitious one.

But Skad wasn't done with me. My mind kept coming back to his story, wanting to fill in all the little details, nasty and otherwise. So, here it is. I'm not sure what kind of audience it will find if any. Wattpad doesn't seem like the right forum for it. Certainly, there are other subjects that would better appeal to the kind folks here, but it's been a long time since I posted anything, and I wanted the next story to be one I was guaranteed to finish. The Atrocity Artists is fully written and just needs cleaning up and editing, so there's no chance of inspiration drying up halfway through. Once started, there will be a new post every week, and it will be fully posted before the end of 2019.

I hope if you do choose to read on, you will find Skad's story as difficult to drop as I did.

Coming soon...