▹ Opening up

"Like eight girls have flirted with you and you haven't flirted with a single one. George, why aren't you open to love?"

Love was a touchy subject. It was like whenever the topic was brought up George completely shuts down, which is very unlike him. The boys had tried to push the subject in the past, however, all they received was silence or a simple 'don't go there', glare. It was a topic that was very sensitive to George and the boys understood that, which is why they hardly brought it up.

Until now.

The group had attended the MAMA awards and George had been getting flirted with left, right and centre — though even the guys had to admit, he looked very dashing in his fitted suit with with hair almost styled in a messy way. He smelt really good too.

But George wasn't interested and simply responded to the conversation like they were a friend he'd known from popping out the womb. Yoongi has decided that if anyone could get answers, it would be him. And tonight he wasn't backing down.

George's stubbornness was on and ready to tackle Yoongi's, however, George and Yoongi are the two most stubborn people in the group. And George had a feeling he wasn't winning this one.

He shrugged, lips pouted and eyes locked onto the seat in front of him. "Contact."

Yoongi scoffed. "Bullshit. You follow a contract? Don't make laugh, you'd rather have a law suit on your hands than actually do what somebody tells you to. Besides, you're not gonna get in any trouble if you just mention it to the management and I'm not even telling you to date! I'm literally just asking why you never flirt back."

George pressed his lips into a thin line, a silent way of telling Yoongi that he was done with the conversation, but Yoongi had a lot more left to say.

"Geun Lee."

"Min Yoongi." George's confidence faded quickly and in a small voice, he added, "Hyung."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Come on George, you and I both know there's a reason to why you never let anybody in romantically. So why? I won't tell any—"

"I got my heartbroken," George interrupted bluntly.

Yoongi's mouth hung open. He wasn't actually expecting George to give in that quick. He was actually quite surprised, usually it takes him longer.

"My last relationship was in high school. I wasn't the popular kid, I was actually the least popular kid. Got bullied for being ugly and a 'nerd' and then this person I had a crush on asked me out. I said yes thinking it was all fine. We dated for a fucking year before I was told that it started out as a pity bet. Apparently, they fell in love with me–did I just describe a fanfiction?"

"Yes."

"My entire life is a fucking fanfiction."

Yoongi places his hand on George's shoulder and rubbed it assuringly. George let out a huff and opened his mouth again.

"I ended the relationship, went to school the next day and got eggs thrown at me by their 'clique' because I broke their heart apparently. Ha, nah. If anyone's heart was broke it was mine. And from that day on I just swore not to date again. It saves the heartbreak."

Yoongi actually felt guilty for making George explain once he saw the glossy coat in George's eyes. The grey contacts managed to mask the pain that he was truly feeling — not much, but they didn't show just how hurt he was by the memory.

"Funny thing is, the people that bullied me...I've seen them at some of our shows. I've seen them on social media acting like they were best friends with me. Some even had the audacity to ask me to hang out with them– if only they knew how much that would've meant to me in high school. 'Cause I only ever had one friend who also turned on me. Life's a bitch sometimes."

"And you're the one that walked out a better person. You have the whole world at your feet now and they're the ones begging you. Karma always does her part. And she did a very good job."

George looked down with a smile as he nodded. Yoongi returned it, feeling a little bit relieved now that there was the smile that he knew and loved on George's face.

"I also got hotter."

Yep, that's the George he knows and loves.

"Will you ever give love another go?"

George shrugged. "Of course I will one day...when I find the person that makes me smile just by the sound of their voice and somebody who will love me just as much as I love them. Until that day comes I'm happy focusing on my career, you guys and ARMY."

"Good choice." Yoongi winked, showing his gummy smile.

Though George was partly embarrassed by the story, he felt a lot more relieved now that it was out in the open to somebody he really cares about.

Maybe now he can heal just a little bit faster.

__________
All day I have been writing the Lachlan chapter, that I just posted and now finally I have a George chapter completed so I am very happy with myself.

Thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread.

Your support means the world!

You are greatly appreciated like honestly, thank you so much 💚

- Blue x