twenty four

+

+

Thankfully I regained enough of my sanity to clean up the mess. The mess meaning not only the mirror, but myself, injured hand included. I cleaned it with some cool water, before wrapping it in an extra roll of gauze I found after shuffling through some of the stuff Katsu left behind in a red duffel bag beside his bed. I found it pretty easily too—it was in a little box neatly labeled 'medical supplies'. Leave it to him to be Mr.Orgonization.

I also managed to get the guy who owned the shitty motel to buy into my well crafted story about an owl that flew in the room and went crazy on the mirror, shattering it to pieces when it saw its own reflection. Well, at least he bought it after I offered him a couple extra ten per every night I stayed here.

And holy fuck man—my wallet was gonna be weeping by the time I got home.

But I wouldn't say I was as sane as I was before I had my minor mental breakdown. It had shattered my false sense of security and the false persona I had been holding up of a cold hearted bitch who didn't give a single shit about anyone other than herself. Though I came to understand that I wasn't an entire fraud—I understood I needed to be more true to myself. Truer to who I was.

I didn't like to admit it, but I did care about people. A lot. I didn't like seeing others getting hurt, and even if I told myself over and over that I was first priority, I would always subconsciously put them before me. It was just...how I was wired. I still wouldn't trust easily. That was something that would come with time. I just knew that lying to myself was only going to bring me to fall deeper into the pool of pain I was already sinking into.

But I did feel fresher. Lighter.

It was true. I didn't know what my purpose was. Or what my goal was. But maybe I would find it along the way. Sure, I wanted to find my parents. My family. Discover more about my clan. But that wasn't really a goal. I had jack shit to go off of for where to look, nevertheless who to look for. I had never heard of the Chinoike a single time in my life, and whether that was done on purpose or not, it seemed no one else really knew much about them either.

Even that creepy ass snake bastard had said their secrets and whereabouts were kept hush hush. So how I was I supposed to figure something out when it was only concealed in a web of secrets?

Thankfully no one had popped in on me during my little fiasco. It would be one thing if I was a sentimental person who loved hugs and soothing words, but I, in fact, was not that kind of person. If anything, that probably would have made me feel a bajillion times worse.

But today, I wasn't going to be playing around anymore. I needed to get some training done, and I needed to get stronger before my match with the Waterfall ninja. I didn't know who she was, or what her fighting style was, thanks to my great sense of intuition to ditch the match early, but I knew they were water users.