Prologue

Ashton arrived at his new home in Sydney, excited about starting his new life. It was strange to him; he has never been outside of the United States before, so moving to Australia was a very big thing. Ashton loves warm weather, and growing up in a small town in Maryland, he never got to experience it except the hot humid summer. So to move to Australia was very exciting for the young 18 year old, fresh out of high school.  He had to fight with his parents to move here, only because he really had no plan for his future. Ashton wanted to experience life, travel the world, and fall in love at least once, before he settles down. 

Ashton started to unload what little he had, his parents only agreed to buy him a bed and a dresser, besides his personal belongings. So, he basically had nothing and a few thousand dollars in his bank that he had transferred to Australian currency upon arriving.

The house was small; he got a good price on a two bedroom, two baths. The rooms were pretty large, but the wall paper was an ugly yellow color. He took a mental note to change that at some point. The house apparently has been abandoned for a few years, Ash has no idea why, but regardless he fell in love with it. Growing up he never really had that white-picket fence type of home that he has always wanted. Now he does. 

Ashton was finishing unpacking his last box when he heard a knock on the door. When he opened it he was taken by surprise. Two boys were there, in their mid-20 at least. One boy had bright red hair and an eye-brow piercings. A few tattoos scattered his pale skin. The other boy was a little bit tanner than the other boy. His hair was dark brown with blonde streaks in it. He was also a tiny bit taller than the boy with colorful hair. He too had a few tattoos covering his skin. 

"Hello new neighbor! I'm calum, and this is my boyfriend Michael." The tan boy introduced them. Boyfriends? Ashton thought, that was incredibly new for me, yet he did grow up in a small town, no one he knew was... well was gay. It was refreshing actually, finally he knows someone other than him who is gay. He had kept it from his parents, a few girlfriends here and there to keep suspicion away. "It's so nice to see someone finally buy this home... it's been a while actually." Calum held his hand out for Ashton to shake will Michael just stood there and smiled at him.

"Oh is that so? Um, well my name's Ashton. Would you like to come in?" Ashton hesitantly stepped to the side, allowing the couple to enter his home. Calum looked weary before walking slowly into the home, Michael not far behind him. Calum looked around, admiring the house, and letting out a sad sigh. Michael gave him a knowing look. 

"So." Calum started. "Why'd you choose this place? There are tons of other homes in Sydney." Michael gave him a warning look, slapping him behind the head. 

Ashton was taken back by the question, yet answered it none the less. "well, it was the only one that was really in my budget." he paused. "Plus I liked how homey it felt and looked." Calum mumbled something under his breath, earning him another slap to his head.

"Yeah it is kinda homey isn't it?" MIchael chuckled softly. All of a sudden the mood changed. A great tension was felt in the room. Michael looked at Calum, who looked back at Michael. "Excuse me, do you mind if I use the toilet?" Ashton nodded, but Michael just let him self down the hall. 

There was an awkward silence in the room between Ashton and Calum. Ashton admired the way the tan boy's eyes wandered around the room, avoiding eye contact. He thought that Calum was a strange boy, kinda awkward, yet has a "cool" exterior. Calum caught Ashton staring and smirked, causing Ashton's cheeks to flush. "Well you certainly aren't from Oz, so tell me Ash, where ya from?"

"I'm from Maryland in America and I've lived there all my life." Ashton and Calum started to get into a deep conversation. Ashton told Calum almost everything about him and he found out that Calum and Michael are in a band, Calum plays soccer, and he also has a soft spot for small fluffy animals. While in the middle of conversing, a loud crash came from down the hallway. The red haired boy came running down the hallway, his face drained of all color. He grabbed Calum by the arm and shoved him out of Ashton's home. 

"Bye, Ashton! We're leaving and if you ever need anything we're right next door." With that the door slammed and Ashton was left alone. Confused as ever. Ashton made his way down the hallway, it was darker, slightly eerie, but he saw nothing. He shrugged it off and went back to his boxes. 

Ashton had a feeling something was wrong with the house, it just gave him a weary feeling. Even so he loved the house and in no way intended on leaving it. Besides ghost aren't real? He knew that for a fact, but was he actually right? 

----------------------------------------

a/n- HI GUYS! I decided to write this along with the other story. I got the idea for this book a while ago and just now put it in action. This is just the prologue so it is kinda short and ill post the first chapter wednesday i hope. Love y'all 

-Haley