This is so funnyfivk im

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Reigen Arataka watched the clock with dull curiosity as it continuously ticked. It was nearly 5:30 pm. Ever since his student Mob stopped appearing at the office, he's had to work overtime. Not to make ends meet, but rather the opposite. Reigen's schedule had been completely packed due to his increased media exposure. He sighed and shifted his eyes to the entrance of his office. Okay, 5 more minutes. Then, I'll pack up. Maybe I'll treat myself to a nice meal for once. I deserve it, don't I?

Just as his mouth began to water at the thought of filling his empty stomach, two frantic women flew in through the entrance. Their intrusion startled Reigen, but he quickly collected himself. Reigen may not have had much to his name, but he had pride in himself for keeping things professional and business oriented between him and his clients.

Before Reigen had the chance to greet the two ladies, one began hastily explaining their situation. "R-Reigen Arataka! Spirit specialist and exorcist right?" Reigen nodded, leaning forward in his chair. She was quite tall, sporting a bob cut that neatly framed her face. A button up blouse and pencil skirt covered her frail stature. "We apologize for suddenly arriving without an appointment, but it's an emergency! Me and my friend here were packing up, ready to head home after working overtime, when a spirit appeared in the room across from us!" Her friend, a short blonde woman in similar attire, nodded hastily in confirmation. "It was really nasty," the bobbed hair woman continued, "and it tried to chase after us."

Reigen Arataka glared at the floor with hesitance. Normally, he wouldn't go out of his way to help clients without a scheduled appointment, especially after hours.

He paused as the two ladies looked at each other and then back at the exorcist, pleading looks in their eyes.

"..Alright. But only because it is an emergency! I don't want anyone injured from a free roaming spirit."

"Y-yes! Exactly what we were thinking!" The shorter woman started. "We intend to fully compensate you after the job is done!"

Her friend began to speak up, shyly glancing at the spirit specialist. "Our place of work is only a few blocks away, so why don't we walk? It is quite a beautiful evening."

Reigen nodded as the trio exited his office. What happened to this being an emergency? He thought, attempting to keep a quick pace as the two women strolled behind him on the side walk.

-

They arrived at the office building shortly. The two ladies led the way up a staircase through the dimly lit hallway, filling the exorcist in on more details of their jobs and the spirit alike.

Reigen cocked an eyebrow as the women suddenly stopped short outside a room. "Is.. the spirit in there?"

The shorter lady solemnly nodded, visibly shaking as she gripped the door handle. A drop of sweat ran down her friend's temple as the three entered the room.

It was rather large, perhaps a conference room, with a raised decorative ceiling. It was about as dimly lit as the rest of the building, if not more so, light from the setting sun shining in through the windows.

Reigen didn't have time to admire the atmosphere for long when the shorter lady suddenly began pointing, stuttering in fear.

"T-the s-pirit..!"

The two women stepped backwards, horrified at the sight of the spirit. It appeared to ooze a slime that coated the entirety of its body. Tentacle like appendages coiled and slapped the floor, a sickening splat echoing with each point of contact. Five basketball sized eyes studied the floor. The spirit was on the larger side, maybe six or seven times the size of Reigen. And those tentacles. They were easily more than triple the length of his entire body.