Never Heard of Him

The night sky glimmered with the countless stars of possibilities. A young boy with far more secrets than meet the eye pondered these very stars. Perhaps, if he was to hope hard enough, one star would strike him dead.

Yet, the stars stayed where they were. Unmoving, unblinking, refusing to gift mercy to the boy. He would not take his own life, for he had promised a lost face long ago not to. The boy had amnesia, bits and pieces of memories left.

He remembered his name and he remembered his family. He recalled his grief and lost. He knew his age and dared to grasp the strands of the accident. This boy had many secrets...things he even lied to himself about.

Yet here he was, among wreckaged metal. Searching for a body. The body of his sister. The boy wept when he found her. He dreamed that somehow her heart still beat. So for the rest of the unmerciful stars time, he laid his head on a unbeating chest and wept.

She had long chocolate hair that looked naturally windblown. The deep colored locks spread out around her head. It was serene, the girl looked like she was sleeping. Her lips were parted as if she was completely relaxed.

Her beautiful olive complexion shone in the moonlight. Artemis was watching her Hunter...lost among the wreckage. She normally hated men but when her mourning brother wept for his sister. She let some tears leave a silver trail upon her cheeks.

The boy seemed to radiate a brokenness...as if a doll had been thrown into a ditch. Abandoned. The boy stayed by the girls body for hours. Then when the sun began to rise, the boy was surprised.

Nonetheless, he shook off the mild surprise and picked up his sister's body. He soon after traveled to a nearby hill, where he dug with his bare hands. He dug a hole and afterwards wandered into the woods.

From there, he spent three days making a beautiful casket. Sleek dark brown wood. Carvings of arrows and skulls intricately laced together. Inside he had cushioned it with wild cotton he had stumbled upon. When he was done with the casket, he moved to the gravestone.

The gravestone was roughly made but nonetheless placed at the head of the hole. He struggled to carry the casket but soon managed to put it at the bottom of the grave. He gently laid his sister on the cotton and again wept. Soon, he would bury her.

Then when the night came yet again, he buried the casket beneath the ground. Left near the stone were her favorite flowers. Apple blossoms. When the boy started to leave the gravesite, he looked back once more.

"Here lies Bianca di Angelo and Nico di Angelo, beloved siblings until the end"