Chapter 1

This is a bit of a Skyrim inspired story and those who've read The Scorpio Races will re-visit the capaill uisce

Dragon nerds, horse lovers, and adventurous love story lovers are very welcomed (:

Chapter 1

     "Dragon! Dragon!!" a strange voice screamed. I slowly lifted my eyelids and blinked to adjust to the light. "Dragon!!!!" There it was again. My god. I just want to get some rest. "Kara! HELP!" Now they're calling my name!? It's 2 in the morning. I'm too tired to be bothered with these wolf crys, I just want some rest. I roll over onto my side and close my eyes. 

     "God dammit someone fetch me Kara Mendell! This thing is going to eat the town and set it a blaze!" My eyes flip open as someone bangs on my house door. "Kara!" The sound of my neighbor comes through the wall in a shrilly scream that raises the hair on the back of my neck. "I'm coming for gods sake,"  I grunt. I pull on some armour and grab my sword. Dragons, pfft, what fools.

     As I open the door, all I see is a blur of fire and blood, everyone's screaming and soldiers are sharing sheilds against the flames. I turn to my left and have to look twice to comprehend what I'm seeing; A dragon? There's no way. No way on Earth . . . 

     I looked up into it's beady eyes, down its silvery neck, across its metallic scaly body, all the way to the tip of its deadly looking tail. It looked at me, and stared me down until I felt like a mere ant being looked at by an enormous giant, preparing to squish me. It had to be at least 20 feet tall . . .      My hunters instinct took over as the beast reached out with its claws, sharp talons like daggers on the ends of its fingers. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I jump onto its claw, pick my way up its shoulder, crawl up its neck onto its head. 

     By this time the dragon is flailing frantically in attempt to be rid of me, but I l cling to its scales as it shakes its head this way and that . . . I hold onto a horn on its forehead, unsheath my sword, and stab into its soft scales between the beasts eyes. It staggers, flaps its wings, and falls with a thud that makes the whole town shake. 

     I look up to the cloudy night sky, red pools my vision, then all the colors become one.