Distant Memories

"F...fuck" the quiet murmur escaped Liz's pale lips. Her quivering hands raked messily through her hazel, smooth hair. Wisps of drifting hair brushed Liz's elbows as she lightest pressed her hands onto the icy bathroom sink. Head hung low, she let out soft sobs that echoed endlessly until hastily slapping a hand to her quivering lips. Tears streamed down her pale face and forced her knuckles to brush them away but were quickly replaced. Glassy ebony eyes glanced at the reflection and Liz roughly twisted the faucet to allow a frigid stream cascade into the drain. Liz felt her face tighten from the cool water and after a few lazy splashes, dabbed a fluffy towel to her numb face and let out shaky breathes.

"I don't even know your name" Liz smirked, hands interlaced into the ones of a handsome stranger as they swayed with the music. His curly deep oak brown hair strands brushed Liz's blushed cheek and his ocean blue irises locked into her soft chocolate ones. The charming stranger had caught her eyes from across the bar earlier in the night, Elizabeth was a single mother of her 2 year old daughter and knew a handsome man like himself wouldn't stay around once he knew. The music faded into a buzz, time seemed to slow almost to a halt, overbearing lights dimmed and the sea of bodies around them blurred. His soft, general lips met her own and at that moment the world stopped.
Liz felt the familiar wave of heart break smash her heart, she had fallen for Ted Bundy the moment he locked his entrancing eyes with her own and reminisced over the manipulation and lies he held over her. These memories forced her frail body to collide with the numbing wall. Her trembling legs gave way, causing her shattered body to glide down the wall into her bruised knees. Fresh tears replaced stained her stained cheeks as she thought about how the man she loved and hated, Ted Bundy, had never loved her.
Throwing her weak body out the bathroom door, Liz stormed down the dreaded jail hallway. She brushed her crinkled skirt flat as she seated herself in the visiting booth and tried to relieve her nerves. Liz glanced at the thick clouded glass that separated her secure room from the other across. Eyes flickered to the bulky phone that hung from the wall, to the replica on the other side of the glass. Raspy breathes flowed from Liz's chapped lips, "I can still leave while I have the chance" she pondered but delicate fingertips grasped to the large envelope in her lap. Elizabeth's raged breathes got caught in her throat as the familiar man she had once loved enter the chamber behind the filthy glass. A feeling a rage and despair punched Liz's gut as Ted Bundy's grey dull eyes met her sorrowful chocolate ones.