Prologue

It was all flashing lights and loud music in the club that Friday night. Peter bellied up to the bar. Sweat trickled down his back. A woman grabbed his thigh and he frowned. Should've gone to the gay bar.

"A long island," he called to the bartender.

"ID?"

Peter flashed it in front of him, but the bartender took it from his hands. He squinted from Peter to the fake. "No dice, buddy."

"Excuse me?"

"Might have worked on the bouncers, but I been in the biz too long. How old are you, kid?"

He really should have gone to the gay bar. Peter's cheeks flamed. He scowled, but didn't let it go. "I'm 21." A lie.

"And I'm an Avenger." The bartender rolled his eyes and handed back the fake. "If you know what's smart, stop here."

"I'm 21," Peter insisted again, as though if he said it enough it'd be true. Drinking laws made no sense to him. At 19 he could be taking - was taking - the top recommended dose of Xanax and no one batted an eye, but a simple cocktail? Not allowed. It was crap.

"Argue some more and I call the bouncer, dude." The bartender plunked a glass of water in front of him. Peter's hand curled around it, ready to throw the icy drink in the prick's face when someone grabbed his shoulder from behind. He looked back.

"Uncle Loki." This night truly couldn't have gotten any worse. The last thing he needed was Loki ratting him out to Aunt May and her new husband, who was technically Peter's uncle but who was trying way too hard to play stepdad. Thor. The whole situation was weird, but then, things had never really returned to normal after... well. The battle.

Loki put his mouth to Peter's ear and dropped his hand to Peter's ass. "Throw that water and I don't buy you any drinks tonight, darling nephew."

"Are you hitting on me right now?" He shouldn't have been surprised. Loki'd had that creepy uncle vibe ever since they'd met at the wedding. Actually, Loki'd gotten him drunk there, too. But that was different. There was no legal drinking age in Asgard, and he didn't dare have his hand on Peter's ass while Odin and Thor were in the room. Peter grabbed Loki's wrist and pulled it off of his backside. If Loki wasn't Loki, it'd be hot. But Peter still wasn't convinced Loki wasn't a villain, and on top of that, they were family. At least kind of.

"Do you want your long island or not?" Loki asked.

"...I really do, though."

"That's what I thought." Loki moved Peter behind him and ordered two long islands, top shelf, heavy on the gin. He took them from the bartender and guided Peter away from the bar. He bypassed the dance floor, heading straight for the cushioned seating in the back. Ceiling to floor curtains created a sense of privacy. Loki sat first, manspreading his legs. Peter rolled his eyes and moved Loki's knee so he could sit beside him.

"My lap was very available, Peter," he grumbled.

"Do I look that drunk to you? Because I can guarantee I am not."

"Easily fixable." Loki passed him a glass. They shared a look. "What?"

"This is really weird." He drank anyway. Drinking felt... good. It chased the ghosts away. "How'd you even find me? Why are you buying me drinks?"

"God of Mischief." He didn't elaborate, and Peter didn't ask. He wouldn't bite the hand that fed him.

Two long islands later - Loki gave him both, instead of drinking with him - and Peter could hardly hold himself upright. He leaned against his uncle and willed the room to stop spinning.

"You smell so good," he slurred.

"I bet I do. Come, my love. Let's get you home before you embarrass us both." His voice was silky, amused and teasing instead of disapproving. Peter hiccuped.

"You're gonna tell Aunt May, aren't you? I don't wanna go home, no, no. Snuck out, don't bring me back," He tried moving away from Loki and fell back onto the cushion instead. Loki quirked a brow.

"Not that home, Peter. My home. The penthouse."

"Oh, yeah. The penthouse." He tried sitting up and succeeded in hiccuping uselessly. "You're gonna bed me."

Loki barked out a laugh. "Have you slept with a god before? It's scintillating."

Another hiccup, and Peter was sitting up again. He clung to the cushion for support. "Guess I'm going to find out tonight."

"That's a good boy." Loki kissed his ear, and Peter didn't move away. "Come on, then." He helped Peter into a standing position and opened a portal through the curtain, taking them back to his penthouse and into bed.