Prologue

Prologue

The snow was falling. Cold snow! Just like the cold person did something so cold that it was going to freeze two lives.

He cupped her face. The pain was evident on his face. A physical pain caused by someone who was once special and a mental pain that was on the feeling to be separated from someone who is too special for him.

"Piya" The words escape from his mouth in a whisper with immense pain

The tear dropped from her eyes. It was too painful for her. She can feel the pain he was going through and it was too painful for her too. She was going to lose him and he is demanding something she don't want to give.

"No Abhay these memories.. these memories are mine.. just mine... precious memories! You cannot snatch them from me you can't" She tried to explain

"Piya you have to understand! Mai is barf mai.. smane wala hoon..hmesha hmesha k liye" he looked at her "forever! How will you live with my memories? You have a whole life to live.. how will you live that life with my memories? Yadon k sahare zindagi guzarna bhut mushkil hota h bhut.. sadiyon main in yadoon ki aag mai jala hoon I can't let the same happen to you. You have to forget me only then you will be able to live your life" there was pain, immense pain in his words

She shook her head in denial - "no Abhay please no" She pleaded

"Why don't you understand Piya? You have to forget me for me.. for yourself for your family! Think about them Piya, you will never move on with my memories and they.. they will die every moment seeing you struggling with my memories think about them" He looked at her for her acceptance

She closed her eyes in pain in helplessness. Her mind flooded with thoughts. He has always face everything alone how can she let him be alone again? All this happened due to her if only she would've understand what he was trying to tell her if only she would've trusted him then this would've not happened! He did everything for her then how can she let him face the punishment for her mistake alone? How can she? No she will not let this happen! He always did what he wanted for her but not today, today she will stand for him. If he is determined then she is also stubborn.

She opened her eyes and looked at him - "no! No abhay not this time! You have burnt in the fire ignited by Her for years, for centuries but not today, now I am with you and I will not let you freeze in this ice frozen by Her for eternity. Even if you will be freezed I will try my best to melt this ice if I can give life to your dead heart then I can melt this ice too."

He felt helpless. Why is she not understanding? He tried to say something

"You have to trust me Abhay! Also even if you erase my memory what about my heart Abhay? What about it Abhay? How will you erase the limitless love from my heart Abhay? Tell me. This heart will always beat for you! Even after forgetting you even after being with someone else this heart will be with you it will die in confusion about you and pain for you" Her words were so strong that it breaks him more

"Just trust me Abhay our love has fought with fate.. we are meant for each other! Don't worry Abhay, one day this ice will melt and then we will be together forever and ever"

She was stubborn, He couldn't win from her. He hugged her overwhelmed by emotions. They were in pain, pain of separation.

"Piya, promise me that you will take care of yourself, promise that you will try to live your life atleast, promise me you will not cry and will smile forever"

She looked at him from his arms - "I..I will"

They wanted to live this moment forever. A moment in each other arms before separating... they soo wanted that the time freeze here and they remain like this but it was not possible...

He broke the hug and walked a step backward. She extended her hand, the pain in her heart increased. Tears drop from her eyes. The cold wind blow. It was harsh. Like the nature was also in pain.

She stood watching him with tears in her eyes as he fell beside a rock and closed his eyes slowly. She too closed her eyes feeling his pain. The lovely moments they live flashed in their minds like a beautiful movie.

She opened her eyes and looked at him. He had small smile on his face. He waved his hand before he closed his eyes for ever. She fall on her knees as the cries escape from her mouth.

He was frozen. Frozen by once his love. Maithli. Maybe it was his punishment, punishment to love her, punishment to burn in her memories for centuries, punishment to hurt Piya for her. Piya! His love, his true love! He was so right, Piya was never Maithli.. she can be never like Maithli. She is way too better than her. Maithli is a monster and she.. she is a delicate flower who gives fragrance even to the hand that crushes her. May be that's why she is with him even after knowing that he can hurt her but she is too good to think about herself.

Maybe he and Maithli never love each other that's why she never came back to him in these two centuries. That's why he fell in love with Piya even after being a monster. Maybe they never love each other. Maybe, that's why in this harsh snow just Piya and Abhay were freezed, one in snow and other... in pain... MAYBE!

_______________________

This story was written long back so writing style differs a bit and I don't wanted to change it anyway. Because that's how it is meant to be.

I hope you guys will enjoy this story. To be honest it is actually my first abhiya story and really close to my heart.

Do leave your views.

Enjoy,

Love,
Asshi.