Chapter 1: Bachelors

Title: Bachelors

Author: tiashew14

Genre: romance and humor

Pairing: ShikaTema

Raiting: K+.

Fandom: Naruto

DC: the original story belongs to the author. I'm only responsible for my own imagination.

Annotation: The bachelor party is the time when all the hidden secrets and desires will finally show itself... Short story. Extra chapter to the 'Moments' story.

Author's note: There was this thought that dwelled inside of me ever since I've received one of the reviews. That stated "I want to see angry and possessive Shikamaru". I won't hide it, but my first thought was "Impossible! Absolutely impossible!" But the thought never let go of me. So some days ago I actually came up with this idea, hehe. I'm pretty sure it's not what you expect! And I admit, that there might be some OOC, that's why now I confidently put 'humor' genre this time (and that's the reason why I don't add this as a chapter to my 'Moments' story). But working with this idea was rather fun, so I'm actually posting it.

Enjoy! (I hope).

"Why it has to be you?"

You don't have to be a genius to know that the guy was drunk, to the point when he couldn't control his movements and tongue anymore. It was hard to tell, just how much they've drank that evening, but even Shikamaru started to feel just how much alcohol is messing up with his head. It has to be a lot, since he was pretty sure himself, that he won't be able to walk or think straight.

Kankurou sure can drink.

None of this made any sense to Shikamaru. Ever since his future brother in law asked him out to drink. It was still a week before the wedding, all five Kage gathered together for one last meeting before the celebration. But now instead of seeing his bride, Shikamaru was stuck with her middle brother. Since next time they see each other would be at the wedding itself, this was some kind of awkward bachelor party. Everyone else passed out long time ago, showing a little resistance to alcohol. Before Shikamaru even noticed, there was just two of them left.

Kankurou sure can drink.

That was probably his plan from the very beginning.

"Half of the Hidden Sand is crying right now, you know that? All because of you."

"Huh? Why is that?" The conversation turned out to be troublesome again. Well, Shikamaru always knew that Kankurou is a jealous type, but to go on about it for all this time...

"Don't you know? Don't tell me Temari never told you." The smirk on Kankurou's face didn't mean anything good.

"Tell me what?"

"So you're not that smart after all." Future brother in law laughed. "Just think about it."

Thinking was troublesome.

"About what?"

"You might have spent a lot of time together, when she's in the Leaf." His smirk was kind of annoying. "But that's still just couple of days per month. Have you ever though what happens when she's in the Sand?"

It's not that Shikamaru didn't think about it, but he always imagined her to be just as busy as he is.

"Have you ever thought that she might be popular?"