robbers

you had a face straight outta a magazine

Jeno studied Jaemins face as he inhaled from his cigarette, his candy pink lighter discarded on the passenger seat of Jeno's old car. The smoke he exhaled remained around his face, it flowed through his caramel hair, some must have lingered in his throat a bit too long and sent him into a coughing fit.
Jeno reached over and grabbed the cigarette from his mouth, putting it out on his torn jeans, leaving a small burn mark before discarding it in the cup holder that separated the two boys.

"You shouldn't do that, those things will kill you" Jeno said when he noticed Jaemins face turn into a frown.

"Look who's talking," Jaemin was quick to snap back, referencing the pack of camels in Jeno's own pocket, "and I'm not the one who needs my voice."

"It's not like anyone listens to mine anyway."

This caused Jaemin to frown again except now he crawled over the center of Jeno's car so they were face to face. Jeno pushed back the drivers seat so Jaemin could lean back comfortably onto the steering wheel. Jeno's hands were grabbed by the younger boys hands, the tips of his fingers were stained black from god knows what but they were delicate and pretty compared to Jeno's cracked fingernails he got from playing his guitar.

"Don't say that babe," Jaemin broke the silence between the two, "don't you see the crowds who come out to see you and your band?"

Then he roughly crashed his face into Jeno's, his cherry smell replacing the smell of smoke and old leather that seemed to never leave Jeno's car.

"Hey lovebirds the gig is about to start and we kind of need our lead singer." The voice of Jeno's best friend and bass player caused them both to jump, Donghyuck was sitting in the passenger seat of the white van they used to transport the instruments and speakers for the band. An annoyed look plastered on his face as he hopped out of the van and started to help the drummer, Renjun, unload.

Jaemin hopped off Jeno's lap and started to walk away, stretching his arms above his head as he had been sitting for quite some time. Turning and giving Jeno a wink before telling him 'he will have to wait until tonight' before running into the club.

When he gets his gun he's begging babe stay stay stay.

Jaemin stumbles into the diner the next morning, his button down completely undone and hair unkept. He slides into the booth across from Jeno and started browsing over the menu, avoiding eye contact with his boyfriend.

"What are you thinking about getting?"

"I found your stash." Jaemin blurted out, a solemn look on his face.

"Oh-" was all Jeno could get out before he was interrupted by Jaemin again.

"You promised me you would stop if I stopped."

"I know and I'm sorry"

"I really believed you, I really thought you cared about me." Jaemin started to cry, the clank of coffee cups in the background doing no concealing of this conversation.

"I swear to God it was only the cigarettes until a few weeks ago and I slipped."

"You know trust is a big part of relationships and you broke a big promise we had." Jaemin looked at his hands. "I don't know if I can be in a relationship with someone who I don't trust. I only quite because you told me to."

"Babe don't say that please."

"I just don't know Jeno, my brain is telling me to leave you and never see your face again but my heart is breaking."