That Day in Waverly Woods

A/N Here's the KiriBaku fanfic I promised! The Bad Boy with the Wrong Title will be out today!

They had never planned to meet. It was all dumb luck. Their kinds were meant to hate each other, but the universe had other plans. October 16, that was the day that their lives would never be the same.

On that day young Bakugou Katsuki wandered through the Waverly Woods. A place humans were never meant to go. The sun shined on that day as if approving what was yet to come. As if showing the universe's approval.

The light falling through the gaps in the trees made the path all the more magical. The chirping of birds and buzzing of the bees made the meet feel natural. Young Bakugou was never meant to even see the edge of the forest. However, the universe approved, and so it happened.

Looking for one thing, in particular, the young boy moved on. He had heard tales of beasts. Beasts of which could turn form from human to monster. He knew the one place they could be found was Waverly Woods. And so he snuck off from his mother, painfully aware of the punishment he was to receive when he returned home. However, that small detail of the day was pushed to the deepest corner of his mind his want for adventure and mischief, and need to see this mythical monster the only thing pushing him on.

The sound of snoring off to his left made him snap his head toward the noise. He quietly stepped toward the noise and successfully made it to the nearest bush for cover. Moving the thorned branches out of the way, he peered over the bush.

His eyes went wide at the site in front of him. He never expected to find anything from his adventures. However, sleeping in front of him was a red scaled dragon. He sucked in a breath as the light shined off the brilliant red scales. Something drew him to the slumbering dragon although he didn't know what. He took a step forward to get a closer look at the dragon. As he placed pressure on the foot he had used, he heard an all too familiar snap of a twig underneath him.

His eyes once again went wide as the dragon stirred and its eyes gently flickered open. The two young ones made eye contact for a millisecond before the dragon's mouth opened. Before it could scream for its mother to save it, Bakugo ran fourth and attempted to shush it. He got as near the dragon as he could and bent down to show his submission to the small dragon. It closed its mouth and cocked its head at Bakugo.

It leaned forward and sniffed near the young child. Bakugo kept his head down as this took place, nervous that any small movement would frighten the dragon away.

The dragon brought its head back before standing and walking over to where the child stood, the child's head still down. Bakugo was unnerved by this but refused to move and possibly startle the creature now approaching him.

When the Dragon reached the quivering boy it nudged his head, as if telling him that it's alright, that it's not going to hurt him. The boy lifted his head and watched the transformation take place before him. He watched how in a puff of smoke the red scaled dragon became a black haired boy around the age of young Bakugo.

The boy that had magically appeared in front of Bakugo gave him a toothy grin and a wave. Bakugo noticed a dragon-shaped tattoo on his left wrist "Hi-a" he said with a laugh, "I'm Kirishima Eijirou!"

The older of the two sat there dumbfounded at the younger. The beasts were supposed to be deadly creatures of the night, but here they were, sitting in broad daylight and the beast the first one to extend graces. Bakugo wanted to greet him. Wanted to play with him like he would his other school mates, but he couldn't find a way to do so. Young Bakugo stood up and started to mumble to himself as he backed away.