Protocol One

The combine do anything they need to do to keep trouble off of Earth and as such there are thousands of protocols in place.

But there is one protocol that nobody, not even the combine advisors wan't to think about: Protocol One, the ultimate step to regain control.

City 5 has just received word from City 17 that the plan to open a portal to their homeworld had failed due to the hands of the resistance science team. The science team was not their concern, the thing that worried them was that they were now stuck on Earth and had to wait for the Unions starships, which could take a hundred years if they couldn't open another portal. City 5 was the only sector that had full control of its citizens, the Protection teams have been doing a great job and as such City 5 basically became a soldier factory from the many promoted CP's.

Things were hectic in many cities, City 14 has been blasted by a dark energy nuke, all the soldiers and CP's pulled out and have been relocated to City 17, City 9 has nearly lost all control to the resistance, City 10 has the worst case of biotech infestations ( Headcrabs and antlions overwhelmed the place.)

City 5 is basically a safe haven for the combine and the many compliant civilians that have been relocated there.

But just because it seemed safe doesn't mean it is.

Little did the combine know the rebellion has reached City 5 a while ago but everyones been quiet about it.

Today was the day they struck.

"Attention Protection teams: Anti-Civil activity in Area's; 5, 7, 1, 9, 3, 2. Unit's down at Sector: V05-3-S0117. Immediate action required. Failure to comply will result in ERROR-OFFWORLD RELOCATION THREAT NOT FOUND-FINDING FITTING THREAT Failure to comply will result in immediate family amputation." This was heard from the Overwatch Voice many times in that day. It was official, all of earth has plunged into rebellion.

Area 8 was the first piece of the city that was retaken by combine forces. Only a quarter of civilians remained, most of which joined Civil Protection so that they don't get harmed. The local prison, fully rebuilt by combine, is now their main base of operations for all combine forces on earth dubbed "The Pire"

There were many soldiers and CP's in area 8, easily keeping area control, only one or two rebels were seen in 3 days, now turned to stalkers, advisors reported that one of the science team members were killed but then were driven off by a rebel synthetic, City 2 and City 4 were taken by rebels and the rebels are pushing in to clean up City 10. It's not looking good for the combine at all.

Two soldiers, S-38 and P-1973 and a claw scanner were patrolling the area when they saw part of The Pire explode.

"Scanner, investigate." Said S-38 "You want a Non-compliance verdict? Scanner, disregard that last order" Said P-1973. "S-38 your not the officer here, I give the orders. Stay on patrol, elites will handle that region." Ordered P-1973

" Erm...Roger that." S-38 replied. Continuing on their patrol, they came across two CP's detaining a civie. 

"Report, what did this Civilian do?" Said S-38 "I would yell at you 38 but I was about to give the same order." 1973 sighed. Both the CP's looked at each other with a little bit of fear. " He...uh...he...uh...." One of them stuttered. "Are you telling me he didn't do anything? Normally this behavior from you is allowed, but in a state of rebellion, we don't want him to uprise do we?" Barked 1973. "Sorry, sir, we won't do it again." Said the other CP.

Then they all hear another loud explosion from the Pire.

"Attention Overwatch: All of humanity is now in open rebellion. Advisors, sorrowly report, Protocol One is now in effect. All pre-union forces are now a kill on sight, including Civil Protection, civilians, anti-citizens, and vortigaunts. Code: Pacify, Contain, kill."

Then the two soldiers turn around and look at the two CP's and civillian. One of the CP's starts slowly and fearfully walking backwards. "Wh...why do you have to kill us?!"

1973 replies:

"You have feelings, we don't." -Multiple AR2 pulses. Flatline -

"Unit's S-38 and P-973 reporting 3 Hostiles down."

Classy: This is my first story/fanfic and I hope you guys like it! Although I said it once I'll say it again, this is sorta related to another fanfic or story I'm making, they are in the same universe but in a different year and time and city.