Chapter 1: The Encounter

The sun's up but I'm still debating with myself if I should get up too, just another frackin' day in college where nothin' else is new.
Meet the boys, get in the class on time where unfortunately I just can't, eat lunch and hell yeah! It's friday and maybe I'll get an invitation later for another "parents-out-of-town-so-childrens-wreck-the-house" party, well at least I have one thing to look forward this day or not.

"You look like shit." Edmund approached as he lands his tray of unknown green leaves with mayonnaise and dressings all over it. Gross.

"And you eat shit." I retort shaking my head.
"It's called healthy food Francis." he points at it like he's introducing something to a kid.

"Naah, I prefer meat over what meat eats." I chuckle lightly.

"What? There's nothing wrong of being a vegan?!" pointing at his food again with wide eyes.

"Yeah sure, except that you look like a frustrated cheerleader who doesn't want any extra fat or maybe an animal lover who doesn't want to eat a poor little pig."

"That's rude bro." he put his right hand over his chest, acting like he's offended, "I'm an athlete too, that's called discipline eating."

"Whatever." shaking my head and shrug.

I just dig into my bacon and cheese soup and finish my bowl of mac and cheese, cause there's no such thing in this world for too much cheese... for me.

"Yo pope." Edmund talks again while munching those ooh I don't know thing.

"It's Francis! I'm far from being pope." I then smirked.

"The last time I checked it's still the Popes name, so why not?"

"Popes are holy Edmund, I only happen to do holy shits everytime."

"Pffft, makes sense." shooting daggers to his direction, he cleared his throat and continues. "So uhh... I heard about that new girl in town, If I heard it right they said she's Xianon Pearson?"

"New girl? A transferee? well that's news, nobody wants to live in this small town."

True, this town is too hidden and small the only way to make a living in here is either fishing or doing retails that's if you're hard working enough to drive five to six hours to the city every week. Plus the roads leading and leaving in the Black Oak is treacherous and deadly specially in rainy seasons. If I we're to move this will be my last choice of destination.

"Yep and no, rumors said she's running away from something, twas Mr. Jack who spread the news about her moving in Black Oak."

"She leavin' with a relative in here?" well if yes then it makes sense, since some will really travel across the world to be with a family.

"No I reckon not, she happens to occupy that ol' abondoned shed near the light house, Mr.Jack said she paid $200 for it that's  a lot of money dude, she even begged the old man since Mr.Jack wouldn't allow it or take the money knowing how dangerous it is to be inside the shed during a storm." well she might be crazy then.

"The shed? Man she must be crazy if a storm pass by she'll be dead." voicing out my thought while laughing a bit.

"I'll still hit her even if she is." Edmund gave me his famous smirks.

"Jerk." I throw him crumpled tissue as I get up and headed to the locker hall.

"What? Dude she's a hottie, you can't blame me." he added following behind me.

When I didn't answer, Edmund raised his hands in the air as if giving up the conversation and then he pivoted away from me to his locker, I just drop all my books and headed to my next class. How did she even find this town? If she's from the city, I know it's miles and miles away and she might need a car or a boat to get in this town, this seems too hidden. Black Oak Town is too small to exist in the map or in the seach engine technology built, phones are even useless in here, no signal and all.

It's past five when I decided to go home to prepare for Maggie's Party, one of the rich people in Black Oak. Her father just happens to own one of the Pier in here.

I was about the turn left from the lighthouse when I catch a glimpse of a girl with a golden brown hair wearing a scarf around her neck and a thick brown coat on, standing above the sea wall, the air is hardly tossing her long hair and her white silky long dress, if I wasn't inform that there's a new girl in town, I might distinguish her as a ghost in the light house.

I decide to stop and park my car in the side near a tree enough for another car to pass through, Getting out of the driver seat I slowly close the door afraid that she'll notice me so soon, I walked towards her when she didn't notice I release I breath of tension and calm my nerves down. She had her eyes close like she was feeling and savoring the wind, small smile playing on her lips and she spreads her arms at her side like welcoming the strong wind to hug her. I blink a few times when I finally get a clearer view of her face, she's a beauty no wonder Edmund wanted her, bet the asshat already saw her but choose to put a stupid facade to make me curious and stupid as I got, here I am now standing while staring at this girl. I took the bait but I didn't regret my choice. I didn't notice that I've been holding my breath until I released it and shake my head to clear my thoughts. Manning up I clear my throat and speak...

"Hey." I approached her as soon as she opened her eyes, my voice comes out a bit... shy? what the f!

"Hey! H-hi... " she looked at me then furrows her brows in confusion, "Can I help you with something?"

God her voice it's like a sirens voice, lulling me into the sea. It sound so sweet and innocent. I mentally slap myself for zoning out again, lifting my chin I look at her seriously while stating.

"Actually miss standing on the sea wall is against restrictions." as soon as she heard this her eyes widens and her checks were painted in a reddish hue.

"Oh..." she hurriedly get down, "I...Ah... I'm sorry I didn't know."

She looks really sincere and I felt a pang guilt for that joke, Her face just looks so innocent and I can't help my conscience to make me feel this way, did she really travel all the way here alone? It could get very dangerous.

"Uhmm... Actually that was a joke." I pursed my lips and looked down.

"Oh." she pursed her lips too and when realization hit her, her laugh exploded along with the waves hitting the sea wall and it looks so enchanted, when she stop laughing her cheeks blush again and then she ask, "I look stupid, didn't I?"

"No, haha you look gorgeous."

We were both taken aback with my own words and I swear I wanna beat myself right here and there when I let that thought slip through my mind, the awkward feeling last more than a minute and we stayed silent like that until I choose to clear my throat and decided to ditch the whole awkward moment for now.

"Uhh, I should get going it's getting dark." I flash her a small smile, "You should too you're new here, it's dangerous for you to stay outside this hour."

"Yeah I..." I know she hesitate to ask something from me but figured out she won't when she shake her head and release a heavy sigh, "Alright bye."

Slowly she turned her back on me and head to the shed without looking back.

*****

I was late when I arrived at the party it's already on full swing, I decided to grab a bucket of beers for myself then I settled below the pine tree in the garden, the music isn't too loud here but enough for me to hear the beats and the murmurs of the people around. I'm gonna see her again I promise that, I just felt like I finally found a precious diamond after a decade of digging up a tunnel, Unsure of what it might bring...