Chapter 1: Prom?

You woke up in a sweat. Grabbing the clock, you checked to see the time: 3:42; you had only been asleep for an hour. You don't remember the last time you got more than two hours of sleep at a time. The nightmares just kept coming back. You barely turned 18 when it happened-when your whole life just...changed in the blink of an eye.

3 YEARS AGO

"Peter... I don't know if I want to go to the dance." You looked over at Peter slowly, preparing for his usual complaint at your lack of...well...wanting to do anything. "You have to go Y/N. It's our senior prom. This is once in a lifetime kinda stuff. Plus...I already told May." You stopped walking and grabbed Peter by the shoulders. "Peter Parker! You told May?! You asked me to the dance YESTERDAY!" He grabbed your hands and held them. "I was excited, I'm sorry. I never get you to agree to anything and I was just really happy that I could finally get my best friend to actually have some fun." You felt awful; you didn't mean to yell at Peter...you just had a really hard time dealing with your anxiety. "I'm sorry, you're right. I need to go; I need to actually have fun for once in my life." Peter was so excited. He did a flip-not unusual to see him do that, you just wondered when he got so agile and flexible. Only two years ago he was the skinny kid with glasses that tripped over practically everything. Still, you loved him, nonetheless.

TWO WEEKS LATER

It was prom night; you had already spent an hour and a half doing your makeup (to the best of your ability) and now your mom was painfully wrapping your hair around a curling iron. "Ouch! Why do you have to be so rough with my hair?" "Oh, quit being a baby." Your mom continued to practically rip out your hair while you texted Peter on when to pick you up.

"Seven's good. Aunt May still helping you with your tie?" You texted.

"Yeah, I'll never be able to get this right lol...and I'll be there at 7. See you then."

Your mom had finished with your hair and you went to grab your dress. You bought one that matched Peter's suit: all black with a red tie; kind of reminded you of Spiderman when you saw it. You looked into the mirror at the sparkly red and black dress with the cut back and instantly thought: "Damn...I look hot."

"Oh wow...you look gorgeous Y/N," your mother said as she walked into the room. "Thanks mom...you don't think it's too much do you?" "Of course not, you and Peter are going to look great together, the cutest couple at prom." You gasped then proceeded to choke on the literal air surrounding you. "Woah, woah, woah... that-no mom." "What? You guys are so cute together!" You loved Peter, that's true. But you didn't love him THAT much. He was your best friend and would take a bullet for him, but you just didn't see him that way. Plus, he was already in love with MJ. He would've taken MJ to prom, but she was visiting family in Florida, so back to the best friend kind of date. "Mom, it isn't like that, trust me," you laughed. "Alright, whatever you say," she left winking. She won't let that one go, will she?

Peter picked you up and you were driving down the rode to the dance. "Did I tell you how awesome that dress is?" Peter asked, quickly looking at you then back at the rode. "Only 500 times," you laughed. "Why do you like it so much anyway?" "Well...uh-well for starters it matches my suit-I mean my tux!" You looked over at him; you never really see him this flustered. "You can call it a suit too dummy," you responded. "No, I know, I just uh...nevermind." You looked at him again, he's weird...just not usually this weird.

"I think it's going to rain," you said, looking up at the sky which quickly was covered in dark clouds...dark red ones. Out of nowhere you hear a loud voice through the speakers: "Hey kid!" Peter yanked the car to the right. "AH! Mr. Stark?! What the hell?! What did you put in my car?!!" You grabbed onto the dashboard, "What is going on?! Mr. Stark...? As in TONY STARK?!" You were practically hyperventilating at this point. "Uh Mr. Stark I kind of have someone with me right now!!" He looked over at you and you glared back, what was he keeping from you? "You can deal with your identity crisis later kid. I need you right now at the tower, some bad shit is about to go down." Identity crisis? What the hell was going on? Your best friend was secretly talking to Tony freaking Stark and now he has some big secret? You had to know. "Peter what is going-" you were cut off by Tony again. "Hey Y/N? Right? Sorry to ruin your prom night, but I need your date." You looked over at Peter who looked more stressed than ever. "Fine, I'm on my way." Peter started driving faster and made a left turn. In the distance you could see the Avenger's tower. "Peter what is going on?!" You pleaded, confused as all hell. "I'm so sorry Y/N I should've told you sooner," You shifted in your seat. "Told me what?" "Well, it's kind of a long story... uh... but to cut it short," he paused, starting to sweat. "What is it Peter?!" You were starting to get frustrated. "I'm Spiderman!"Silence surrounded the both of you. "Y/N? Please say something." You didn't know what to say, you were in complete shock. You felt lightheaded thinking about all the dangerous things you've seen Spiderman doing over the years. "Y/N, I am so sorry i kept this from you. Please just tell me what you're thinking." You started to become pale, feeling sick, then looked over at the boy you thought you knew. "I just..." you started to breathe heavy, "I..." The city passing by you started to get blurry, you knew what was about to happen; it always happened when you had an anxiety attack. "Shit..." you managed to get out that one word before passing out in the seat. "Y/N!" Peter looked over to you as you passed out then sped down the road to the Avenger's tower.

You woke up on a white couch, your head was pounding. "Peter?" You looked around the room. There was a bar, a piano, and the view of the century. You could practically see the whole city. You still didn't know where you were, just that you know somebody rich owned the place. Peter ran to you from the elevator. "Y/N! Thank God you're okay!" He hugged you and you hugged him back. "Peter, where am I?" You pulled away from the hug to see Peter no longer wearing his black suit but a Spiderman one.

Suddenly it all came back, you remembered why you had passed out: your best friend was...Spiderman. The Spiderman. Peter sat you down on the couch, "Look, I know it's a lot to take in. I would love to answer any questions you have right now, but I have to help with...something." You remembered what Tony had said in the car. "Peter what is going on, I'm not equipped to deal with this much stress. Please tell me what is going on." He looked at you pitifully, "Everything will be fine, don't worry." You knew everything wouldn't be fine. "I have to go now, just stay here and I'll come get you when everything's settled." He got up and put on his mask before you could say anything. He went out onto the balcony and climbed up to the top, leaving you still in shock.

Ten minutes had passed and there was no update. "Okay Y/N calm down, this is fine. This is totally normal. Your best friend is a web swinging spider-guy and he works with Iron Man. This is fine." You continued to pace around the room, your mind racing with the thoughts of Peter fighting alongside Tony Stark...did he work with the other Avengers too? Was he an Avenger? "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. No this is not happening right now." You let out an exasperated laugh then continued to pace. All the sudden you heard a loud crash from the top of the building, then the power went out. Remembering that the last time you saw Peter he was headed to the top of the tower; you ran out onto the balcony to see what happened.

You saw the dark red clouds hovering just above the tower, then you saw Tony, Peter, and many more Avengers building something at the top. It looked like they were trying to get the clouds to do something. "If we can get another lighting bolt to hit the machine, then we can send it back up into the storm," you heard Tony yell to the others. "Thor, get ready to grab that bolt." You saw Thor start to get closer to the storm. The storm began to turn black, and all the Avengers got into position to do whatever it was they had done before. The storm sent a bolt of lightning down, but Thor couldn't control it, it hit the roof where Peter had been standing, sending him flying down the tower. "Peter!" you screamed, watching him fall past you. He shot a web up to the balcony where you were, flinging himself back up onto the railing in front of you. "Y/N get inside! It isn't safe! Please!" You nodded and watched him go back up. Once you knew he was safe you walked inside.

You heard another blast go off then out of nowhere you felt like your head was going to explode. You grabbed at the sides of your head, walking around aimlessly trying to find the couch to sit down. Instead, you walked back towards the balcony as the doors were flung open by the wind. Your hands found the railing and you knew where you were. Looking up, you saw the clouds turn multiple colors: red, blue, white, brown, and finally...black. You tried to run back inside when you heard the blast again. You felt a surge of power rush through you as you saw all the colors going through your mind. You tried to scream from the pain, but nothing came out. As the pain went away, so did the storm above you. All you heard was Peter scream your name before being surrounded in darkness.

------------------
Hi there! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Leave as much feedback as possible and what you may like to see (no promises on including anything but you never know (; ) This is my first story I'm writing and i hope you keep coming back for more! Who knows where this story will go? (: