one

a/n: hey y'all! i'm reuploading this fic and currently have a few more chapters written so i'm gonna try and update once a week because i really love writing this story. please leave comments and votes as it motivates me to write. also!! if anyone would like to make a cover for this as this one is shite since i suck at making covers!!

"You're not supposed to do that!" The shouting boy next to Camila attempts to snag her attention but is only met with one of her signature huffs.

"Shut it four eyes." She turns back to the science lab in front of them and continues to inch her lighter closer to the liquid substance in the beaker.

"Ms. Cabello?" The science teacher in front of Camila sends down a condescending glare. She's never liked the girl very much, probably because Camila's always late to class and spends most of her time in the actual classroom flirting with girls or setting things on fire.

Camila closes her lighter and sits back in her seat before crossing her arms. "I was just testing the uh, hypotenuse?" She plays with the toothpick in her mouth. The attention of her peers is diverted from the lap and directed to her and a few giggle while others scoff. It's common for the girl to get in trouble like this, she doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks, whether that be her teacher or the other students, she lives her life to please herself and no one else.

"Right, let me see it." The woman orders, holding her hand out.

"Yes, ma'am!" Camila obliges sarcastically and hands her the small silver gadget she's been playing with all day. The teacher gives a slightly more content smile and walks off to her desk. Camila scrunches her nose and rolls her eyes before leaning back and kicking her feet up onto the lab table.

"Quite a show you-"

"Shut your trap Murphy and finish the lab." Camila snaps, looking around the classroom in instant boredom when someone catches her eye.

The well-dressed soc with her neatly tucked in shirt and high waisted skirt isn't a new face to Camila. The raven-haired girl is looking down at her paper as she doodles in the margins of her notebook, not even sparing a glance at the greaser. Camila on the other hand is gnawing on her lip as she looks the girl up and down. She's tempted to reach across the aisle of the lab tables and tug on the perfectly curled ponytail, but she thinks better of it when she sees the girl's meathead of a boyfriend crack his knuckles and glare at her.

Just as Camila sends the boy a nasty scowl and a great view of her middle finger, the girl looks up.

Now, Lauren Jauregui is the definition of beauty. Porcelain skin, high cheekbones, eyes that make gem collectors jealous, and long dark hair that frames her face beautifully. Even Camila can admit to her own admiration of the girl's appearance, despite plenty of "pretty" girls she's been with. Lauren is different, she is beautiful. Something Camila feels is better left untouched by her, for now.

In a matter of seconds, the bell rings and Camila is left a drooling mess in her seat. She pulls her feet down and stands, eyeing the infamous couple as she leaves the room, hands stuffed in the pockets of her black leather jacket.

-

Lauren huffs as she walks with her boyfriend, all he seems to do lately is complain about the football team's losing streak and how he wants to beat all of the 'fucking dirty ass greasers' that are on the team. It annoys her just how much prejudice and hatred he holds against them yet it's him and his friends who start every issue between the groups.

"Lauren," Brad's deep voice filters into her ears and she turns to face him as she rests against her locker.

"Yes, babe?" Lauren asks somewhat irritatedly. It's been getting harder and harder to deal with him every day and Lauren doesn't know why, but he's just so annoying sometimes. He may be cute and popular, but she can hardly stand to be around him now.