This Is My Adventures

Chapter One

Hi there!  My name is May, 18 years old and this is my story. And it all started when I moved to Hawaii with my family.

It was a nice hot sunny day when our plane landed. After 12 hours of just flying in the air, eating, watching every movies on the tablet and sleeping made me excited to finally leave the plane. As soon as we exited the airport, my grandma who was waiting for our arrival kissed and hugged every single one of us and gave us leis.(It's a garland which is made of flowers and/or money that is strung together and is given to someone for special occasions like someones arrival or someone graduated.) It was cool cause I just got my first dollar bill in the US.

We we're very tired and hungry so they decided for us to go home and rest.

While on the way home, I was amazed on how beautiful hawaii is. It's truly a paradise. The mountain was green and it was like Gaea (Mother Earth) lives there. I've never seen anything like that before.

After 11 minutes of riding the car we arrived at home. It's a condo unit on the 3rd floor and is 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. And yes, there was 6 of us in total. I dont know how are we gonna fit in that tight condo unit but I don't really have much of a choice. I was kind of hoping that they would have a single house with a huge back and front yard like the one we have in the Philippines. But the best thing about the condo is it's right across the mall which is I think perfect for me.

Days passed and all we did was go around the island. I mean literally you can go around the island of Oahu in 6 hrs or maybe more, it depends on how many stops and how long for you to take a look in the ocean which is all around us. It was nice and beautiful but my favorite part of that tour was when we went to the mountains. It is a lookout located at the head of Nu'uanu Valley which is somewhere in hawaii. I just got there and I'm not really familiar with the place yet, all i know was the mall across the condo.

A few days passed, my grandma's sister which is lola (grandma) Hele asked if I could help her with her business. She has a Care Home (it's where old people are taken care of). I don't know if I can take care of old people cause you have to change there diapers which is super gross.

Eventually after a week or two I got used to it. It was not that bad except for the part that one of her patients has a hole on her back and you need to change the bloody gauze and...and.. Let's not talk about that part. The thing is she gives me money for helping her.

After a few months my Auntie Joan, Lola Hele's daughter asked me if I can live with her in Washington and help her take care of her two kids. I said yes cause I wanna see snow. And I got tired of the hot weather in Hawaii.