Chapter 1: What I remember

Ever since I was around seven to eight years old, I was always the girl who didn't care if she tripped and fell horribly, I never cried. So when I was in the park, and a small boy was crying, me being a curious girl approached him and asked him, "Are you alright?" I kneeled to notice that one of his knees was scraped, and he sobbed a lot. And like my mother always did when I was hurt, I kissed his knee, so he quickly stopped crying.

    He looked up to me, and I smiled in response. "My name is Pimi! What's your name?" He looked at me "A-Atsuki." I giggled, standing up extending my hand to him. "Alright Atsuki, let's be friends!" Atsuki gave a toothy grin and grabbed my hand to stand up. "Best friends, Pimi, to the end!" "To the end!" I replied.

Years passed, and yet we still stuck together like glue. We went everywhere together, we laughed together, and the initially small boy Atsuki grew up to be very tall, thus it was terrible for me at 13. After all these years, I never knew... that he could be THAT way; a fragment of him that I never saw beyond his bright smile.

It was the beginning of the senior year, and the schedules kept us apart, much to our disappointment. We only had the 1st, 3rd and 6th periods together, and naturally, I'd make new friends. Slowly, I began to like this guy named Himota. I told Atsuki with joy and excitement to see how this would go with me and Himota. His reaction wasn't the one I expected. His eyes grew blank and he nodded. "Good for you, Pimi-Chan, I hope he appreciates you for who you are." I being a naive shit, nodded and thanked him for his support. He smiled at the air, but then smiled at me. The bell rang and I walked to class. The proceeding weeks, he seemed distant, and when we were going to do the project together, he acted even more strange.

"Hey Atsu, I forgot the glue I'll go get it from your room-" He looked at me with death in his eyes "No. I'll go get it." He then proceeded to walk upstairs and enter his room. I tilted my head in confusion, he'd always let me go to his room since forever! But now it's just, strange. He came back down with the materials and said in his normal bright tone "Alright I got it!" He smiled and handed me, I couldn't get that behavior of his out of my head.

Anytime I would walk with Himota to lunch or class, he'd be there around a corner, I'd see that jacket of his. I was very worried.

"Hey, Pimi." Himota poked me "So, how's your friend Atsuki doing?"

I looked at Himota with slight concern in my eyes "I think he's alright thanks for asking Himota-Kun." He smirked at me and poked me once more

"You're lying~" He'd chuckle teasingly. "N-No Himota, he's fine."

His teasing face came to an end and he shrugged "Alright then. See you in class." He walked away. while I stood there looking at him. I felt something creep up on me and wrap its arms around me "Hello Pimi!~" I jumped up in surprise, and I quickly turned my head around. "WAH! Atsuki! You scared me!" I laughed a little. He smiled at me. "So How's it going, I've missed you, these classes succcccck. They keep us seperated" He pouted. I laughed "Well Atsu, Keep pouting like that and the day will be even longer than it is!" I patted his head as he whimpered like a small child. "Don't worry Atsu, we'll be together in the 3rd period, alright?" His eyes lit up and nodded as he stood up "Together in 3rd period it is!" The bell rang and I walked off greeting Himota's friends and walking with them to class. As I walked, I didn't glance at him once, but I felt a heavy aura surround the hallway as if someone had been possessed or wanted to do terrible intentions. I kept thinking of it for a while but instead pushed it aside.

After classes, Himota and I were walking to the lunch line, where he began to jokingly tease me, as he always did.     After lunch, I walked alone to the classroom, then I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I quickly turned around to see Atsuki. "Oh Hey, Atsu! I didn't see you in the cafeteria, where were you?" Atsuki scratched the back of his head and looked at me blankly, and slowly patted my head. "It's nothing, Pimi I was doing some work in the classroom, that's all. But I did notice Himota teasing you, He isn't bothering you...Right?" I look at him confused "...Bothering me? No, no, Atsu you got it wrong! He's just being his teasing self." I said smiling at him. Atsuki nodded slowly "Alright, I...I just wanted to make sure he wasn't bullying you or something." He quickly made a bright smile.     "Anyways Pimi, want to hang out after school like we always did?" I thought it over and nodded. "Of course! I'll always hang out with my best friend!" I said smiling at him. Atsuki had a small frown on his face, almost not noticeable.
~Time skip~

"Oh, Yea! So, I'll meet up with you soon, I gotta run a quick errand, but I won't take long, See you there at the park Pimi!" He said quickly taking off, as I waved. I then began to walk to the park.     I waited at the park for a few minutes, then saw Atsu running at me, waving, then stopping in front of me. Panting he said: "I'm here! Sorry for the wait...Just busy with work." He smiled awkwardly and sat down next to me. "So, What's up with Himota?" He said in a blunt tone. "...N-Nothing! He's a friend, he's nice and we well bonded!" I said turning red. "I think I might...Like, like him..." I said avoiding eye contact and turning red as a tomato. Atsuki nodded blankly, turning red also. "...I see Pimi, I hope you can get to him before it's too late, and someone else interferes. I wish you luck Pimi" He said standing up. "I gotta go home soon, Mom's going to be worried again." I stood up also "I'll hang out at your place then-" "No...No, Let's go home, I'm...Tired." He looked at me with his tired face. "...Okay, let's go home."

I began to follow behind. Looking at Atsuki, I felt his...Anger and tension as he talked to me, so I decided to stay silent for the trip.

"...Pimi, this sounds...Weirdly concerning. But sadly, we have run out of time, and we'll get to you next time."     Pimi then nodded and looked at the lady as she turned to a camera "That is all for now, we'll continue this story in, Channel 13, I am Ryuma and I'm signing off."         The camera then shut off and Ryuma stood up shaking Pimi's hand. "You're very brave Pimi, are you sure you want to say all of this.     Pimi nodded with determination. "It's over now...People should know my story and the other's as well."

~CHAPTER 1 END~

Thank you for reading! Chapter 2 will be out soon!