Chapter 1

With a knot in my stomach I waited anxiously for the man I'd been talking to online for a week. I don't know why I agreed to spend the night with him. I didn't even know the man. But something about him when we talked made me feel different. He certainly didn't look like the kind of guy I dated. And I wasn't looking for a boyfriend just a hook up. Anxiety riddled through me as I picked up my phone and scanned through our conversation again and looking at the picture of him he'd sent me. He had long brown hair and a beard definitely not my type and definitely didn't look how he acted. From the moment we talked it's been none stop talking, late nights every night and butterflies every time I heard from him. I couldn't see his eye color so I wondered if they were brown or green. They certainly weren't blue though with the brown hair. I began to think about Bryant. My abusive husband I've been trying to divorce. He went to jail last month for running over his step dad. Crazy I know. I had to knack for getting crazy guys. I began to panic wondering if this guy was going to be like bryant. Sweet one moment and leading me to believe he was nice and then mean and hateful the next. Then I thought about Michael. My most current ex. He'd been the one to encourage me to leave bryant and as much as I hated him right now I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for him and I couldn't hate him for that.

I looked around putting my phone down and saw someone walk in with long hair. My heart jumped in nervousness as I realized it was him. Julius. I quickly scanned him head to foot. Long hair down past his shoulders, a Deadpool jacket and camo shorts with socks and sandals. What? Socks and sandals??? And then shorts??? In the middle of December???
"Hi" I said smiling but trying to hide my nerves.
"Hi" he said back scanning me up and down as i had done and seeming to hide a bit behind his hair being shy.
My heart flutters my anxiety flying through the roof scared this man might kill me.
I got up from my seat in the corner. I'd been sitting in the back of the fast food restaurant I worked at. It was an hour past the time I got off we were supposed to go to a taco place for dinner so we could meet in a public place and get to know each other.

About thirty minutes later we are sitting in the fast food place eating tacos. We made idle chit chat talking about our day most of the time. My heart hadn't calmed down once since I saw him. Maybe it's my nerves telling me to just leave don't do this. Or maybe it's something more. When he'd touched me my heart fluttered and it felt like fire going through my whole body. After we got done eating we agreed to go back to his house. It was almost an hour drive from my work so I was worried about his driving. I hate everyone's driving I just get too easily scared. I can't help it.