Chapter One.

The room quieted down after Chris cleared his throat, standing in the middle of the circle of chairs.

Chris was the leader of this stress group I was forced to go to due to my teachers request. I found no need in going, but my teacher thinks it neccecarry for my " safety " because of past conditions. I mean it helps and all, I guess, but it's very time consuming.

Every one slowly got settled in their seats. I usually sat in the last chair open because I didn't really have any "friends" who wanted to sit by me, I just wasn't a social person, especially at a place like this where everyone knows your secrets.

"Alright everybody. We are gonna change things up a bit." Chris clapped his hands together. " how many of you have heard the phrase 'walk in my shoes for once' ?" He surveyed the room as hands slid up and back down. "I thought of a great plan. Many of you have a hard life no one really understands Because no one can literally walk In your shoes... So we are going to get as close as walking in your shoes as we can. How do we do this you ask?" Chris bends down and digs through his bag. "With one of these" he pulls out a video camera. "Your assignment is too get with a partner and do a video documentary about there life at there home. You will be given a year, sounds like a lot I know, but I want you to capture there daily life." The class begins to mumble to one another before Chris shushes them again. "I already know what you guys are scheming on, so I will pick your partners." Chris pulls out a piece of paper out of his pocket as the class begins to huff and sigh. "Listen.. Listen... Listen.... Okay. Lilly, your with Kyle. Matthew with Taylor c. Michael your with Amanda. Luke will be paired with.. Kayla."

I zone out and look around the circle to see everyone eager to know there partner. My self, I think this whole video thing is dumb. I hate working with people I don't know, and even worse, they need to know every detail of me life. Great.

"Talia..." ,I was disrupted by the sound of my name, " how about you be with... Zayn." Chris looked up from his paper at me, waiting for my approval. I nodded my head and glanced around the room to see who this 'zayn' guy was. As I surveyed the group, I saw a dark haired boy stare at me. I began to stare back at him. His hazel eyes sparked, and his beautiful cheek bones drew me in. I blushed and looked away as he smiled at me noticing how lost into his eyes I was. During this time Chris gave out more information about the video before dismissing us to our partners. I still had no idea who my partner was, so as everyone stood and greeted each other, I sat awkwardly in my seat hoping he'd come to me. The mumbling grew louder and louder intill it turned into a roar. I placed my head in my lap, trying to keep from getting a headache. I began to zone out again when a hand was placed on my back. I sprung up from my bent position and quickly looked over my shoulder.

"Woah there babe. I'm not gonna kill you. Haha. I believe I'm your partner." The dark haired boy that looked like perfection said to me, pulling over a chair. My cheeks Instantly flushed so I looked away in attempt to hide my blushed face.

"My bad. I kinda zoned out. You just startled me." I replied clearing my throat, making sure I kept my glance away. I heard him laugh.

"It's okay. Your names Tammy right?" He completely butchered my name, which made a small smile appear on my face.

"It's Talia actually. Tammy's to easy" I joked. I gained enough courage to turn back around where I was now facing him. He looked me up and down quickly before clearing his throat.

"My bad babe. I'm zayn, but you have every right to call me zach." The way he called me babe was so dreamy. I knew my face was as red as Chris's polo, but I honestly couldn't look away. It was like I was In a trance.

"How's it going guys?" A voice asked from behind us. Zayn jumped more than I did which caused me to quietly giggle before I looked over my shoulder. Chris stood there smiling and looking down at us. Waiting for an answer. Zayn and I looked at each other before he anwsered.

"Well, other than the fact that you just gave me a mild heart atack, pretty good I guess"

"How do you guys feel about the project. Or about walking in someone else's shoes?" Chris kept on. Red was not his color. It blended in with his pink pigmented skin and red hair.

"Honestly", Zayn turned his chair towards Chris,"I don't see how someone can 'walk in my shoes' when I still stumble and fall in them myself? If my life's to complicated for me to understand, how can I expect someone else to? Or why would I?"

Chris stood there, still smiling before he clapped his hands together.

"Alrighty guys, it's that time. Next time we meet we will be talking about the same subjuect, but we won't spend as long on it as we did today. This is really an 'on your own time' project, so keep that in mind as we dismiss. See you next week. Adios" he patted Zayn on the back, completely ignoring his earlier statement. Zayn shook his head and looked back at me, digging in his pocket. He pulled out a sharpie and reached out his hand. I looked up at him not knowing what he wanted.

"You might need my number." He reached over and grabbed my arm gently. He took the cap off the sharpie with his mouth. He began to pull up my sleeve. I was hopping he didn't turn it over. Past scars were still visible, and I wasn't about to let anyone else find out about them. Grabbing my wrist, his phone number glided up My arm. After the last digit was wrote he looked up at me and gave me a confusing look. He slowly tried to flip my arm, when I pulled away and pulled down my sleeve.

"I have to go. I'll contact you when I get home" I stood and and began too walk towards the door, plowing through people. He didn't try to stop me or anything. He just popped his collar and sat back in the chair. Watching me leave