one

tyler was swinging through the city, enjoying the breeze in his hair. he was on his way to meet jenna, his best friend and crush since forever.

she was the only one who knew he was spiderman. not even his parents, not even his siblings, not even his basketball coach who he trusted with everything.

jenna doesn't necessarily like him back, though. tyler likes to think so, but he doesn't know.

tyler landed on the roof of some random apartment building that him and jenna always meet at. he took his mask off and heaved a heavy sigh. "hey, jenna, tonight was-" he stopped dead in his tracks when he actually looked up and saw that the person standing there was, in fact, not jenna.

stood in front of tyler was a boy about his age, except maybe a few inches shorter. he had brown curly hair, some freckles, and glasses. he had on a big hoodie and some black jeans, with black checkered vans, who was also staring at him with eyes the size of saucers.

"uhm..." the boy mumbled under his breath, standing up from the cement.

"holy sh-"

"you're... you're actually spiderman? not-not just some guy in a costume?" the boy asked, a smile spreading across his face.

"i guess there's... no point in lying now," tyler said, mostly to himself. "listen, i was supposed to meet someone up here. was there a girl here? like... yay high? blonde hair, really blue eyes?" the boy shook his head, shrugging his shoulders.

"do you go to east high school?" this kid asked.

tyler sighed. he really wanted to find jenna. "yeah. yeah, i do. do you go there, or something?" the boy nodded his head.

"how come i've never seen you there before? i mean, i feel like spiderman would be the most well known kid in school!"

"yeah, well i don't exactly go around telling everybody," tyler snapped, but he noticed a frown on the other boy's face. tyler panicked. he didn't want spiderman to be known as the asshole superhero. "listen, i'm sorry. you're actually the second person to know."

"really? does that girl you were supposed to meet know?"

"yeah, she does. and you're sure you haven't seen her?" tyler asked again. the shorter boy shook his head.

"i haven't, i'm sorry."

"it's okay, i just... i better-"

"i'm dun, by the way. josh- josh dun. i'm josh, last name dun. i'm... i'm josh," the boy — josh — introduced himself.

tyler smirked to himself, wanting to laugh at this kids awkwardness. "i'm..." he stopped, not really wanting to give away his name.

"you can tell me. i'm not gonna tell anyone. plus, i already know what you look like, so..."

tyler sighed, rubbing his forehead. "i'm tyler joseph."

josh smiled to himself, nodding his head.

it was awkwardly silent for a little while, just the two of them standing there. tyler was debating whether he should leave or not.

"can i be your guy in the chair?" josh asked, breaking the silence.

tylers eyebrows furrowed. "my what?"

"y'know, your guy in the chair. the guy with the earpiece, telling you everything to do when you're doing superhero stuff," josh explained, excitedly.

"yeah, i don't... this is more of a... a one person job- listen, i have to go find jenna, it was nice meeting you josh dun," tyler shouted, as he was flipping his mask on and getting ready to swing away.

"yeah! it was..." josh trailed off, tyler already being miles away. his shoulders slumped. "it was nice meeting you too."