Bright - Echosmith

"I think the universe is on my side." Laura sighed as she leaned against her window. She felt as if heaven and earth had finally aligned. Her days were good, and that's the way it should be.

"You sprinkle stardust on my pillow case, it feels like a moonbeam brushed against my face." Will sung softly to himself. Will dreamed of finding the perfect girl, someone who knows his own melody better than him. His nights were good, and that's the way it should be.

From across the continent, both dreamed of meeting their match. "You make me sing "oooh, la la la,"" Will sang from his fire escape balcony in New York, as if he awaited a response. "Make me go "oooh, I'm in love,"" Laura countered unknowingly.

"Did you see that shooting star tonight? Were you dazzled by the same constellations?" Will gazed at the night sky, wondering if he'll ever do anything, go anywhere, or be anyone.

"Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me? I think you and the moon and Neptune got it right, because now I'm shining bright, so bright."  Laura jotted down the melody, humming on repeat.

"Well I see colors in a different way. It makes what doesn't matter fade to grey. Life is good, and that's the way it should be." Will was deep in thought of what it might be like to meet his muse, whoever he's been singing to. He'd thought of saying something like "You make me sing "oooh, la la la," "Make a guy go "oooh, I'm in love,."

Weeks later, Laura arrives in New York for a family get-together. Since her melodic exchange, she couldn't stop humming her song. All day, all night. Subway and streets.

Will bopped along the street, singing his song, when he hears a familiar song. It's his song, but the other half. She hears it too. Both stop in their tracks out of mild confusion. Their eyes meet. "Did you see that shooting star tonight? Were you dazzled by the same constellations? Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me? I think you and the moon and Neptune got it right, because now I'm shining bright, so bright, and I'll get lost in your eyes."

"So I've been singing this song all this time, and now I figure out that someone else has been singing the exact same melody. And we've never met. But you know my melody." Will stares in disbelief.

"I think so. I'm Laura." She extended her hand to the taller boy,

"Will. I'm Will."