Aankhon ki zabaan

It took her time to open up, to confide in me. She feared I might leave her after knowing how flawed she was.. She feared if I ever mistook her and she would have to be alone again. She feared that I'd break her heart and she would regret opening up. But when she did, I made sure that she knew she chose the right person...

12 am, AvNeil's wedding anniversary.

Avni's broken heart had a lot of things to say. If there were a million pieces, there were a million words to say. She just found it difficult ,who to say? I urged her, there was fear in her eyes and she would escape the situation. Then something would happen, which would make her bottle up the emotions again and she found it difficult to say again.

She never trusted anyone as far as I know. She confided in Ashish Mehta once, and he broke her. She found it difficult to trust anyone in this world again.

Breaking someone's trust
Is like crampling a piece of paper
You can smooth it out
But it will never be the same.

It was funny how her problems, whatever happened with her, all the ups and downs she faced, all the betrayals she took to her heart, always pained me as well. I had no connection with her past. Connection ho na ho, Par uski zindagi ko sawaarna mera kaam tha.

She was staring at her scarf which she wore at the Janmashtami Pooja day, which I had snatched from her and ended up getting myself blowed up due to the bomb blast. She didn't open up again. But I knew she was scared to be in my life from then. I knew she thought she had brought all the problems to my life. But she was unaware that she had also brought all the solutions to those problems. Her.

You don't have to exit my life. My priority is you. The existence of my daughter and my dead ex girlfriend won't affect you, I'll make sure of that. I spoke, hoping she would say it. She would tell me how she felt, what she wanted, whatever she demanded of me, and most importantly, whatever insecurities she would definitely have. She would take time. I kept repeating it to myself all the time. But it made me realise she was so broken, because it took her, a lot of time.

Kuch to kehna hoga na? I spoke, breaking her trance. She looked at me with her innocent big eyes, which roamed on my face, like they always did, turned a bit glassy as they always did, and then were lowered by their owner, like they always did.

That mere stunt of hers made me sure that I know her completely. She had a lot of things to say. But she kept silent. She had the fear. My say won't reduce it. She didn't look on because my stare would make her speak and she didn't want it. Like a lot of things.

I decided to drop it. I couldn't force her to speak if she wasn't comfortable to do that. I needed her to trust me completely. She would do it herself, I knew that.

I saw her fidgeting with her fingers, she wanted to escape, yet again.

I sighed. I could do no better. She said she trusted me. She didn't trust me blindly. Or I hadn't done enough to be in her list.

I proceeded towards the bed, to mark our day's beginning with a sleepless nights. I knew we'd turn our backs to each other, showing the other one that we've slept, though the other one knows that he/she is thinking about me. And that's what me and Avni do almost every night.

Before lying down, I needed to tell her that I know.

Aankhon ki zabaan kare hai bayaan, kaha, unkaha. I spoke softly. Without even turning, I knew she had stopped. She knew what I meant.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It had been two weeks since Mishti was rescued from Vidyut's clutches and brought to our home. That simple action by Neil gave Juhi the right to exercise her non-existent rights over Neil. And all I could do was simply look on and see my own destruction. Neil was slipping away from me.