Prologue

There were once four countries - Celeste, the Country of the Skies, Stellar, the Country of the Stars, Solenn, the Country of the Sun and Lunos, the Country of the Moon. A long time ago, they made up a great land. This land was known as Clow Country. Unfortunately, riots and civil wars broke out, greatly depleting the Country's well-being.

This caused it to separate into the four Countries we know today. After a while of being cold and indifferent to each other, Celeste got all the nations to sign a peace treaty, and things went back to normal. The Countries made up, and the lands were filled with harmony. However, their newfound peace wouldn't be undisturbed for long.

One fine day, Queen Nadeshiko of Solenn perished, due to a fatal illness. This happened only three years after the birth of her daughter, Princess Sakura, leaving her husband, King Fujitaka, depressed. The King desperately asked his wise man, Tsukishiro Yukito, if there was any way to bring back the Queen.

Yukito foretold that in a cavern between Solenn and Lunos, a Magic Stone would be found. He added that if you held the stone, wondrous powers would be at your command. But if it sensed negativity upon its awakening, its magic would backfire and go out of control, possibly even killing people near it. According to legend, the only way to reverse the effects of the Magic Stone was if someone made a true confession of love over it.

King Fujitaka ignored Yukito's warning, and sent guards to search for this Magic Stone, as he greatly wanted to revive his wife. However, trouble began when word spread around that Empress Li Yelan of Lunos too wanted the Magic Stone. She also had heard from her wise man that she could bring back her deceased husband with it.

Several officials attempted to persuade King Fujitaka and Empress Li to end the war over the Magic Stone, and to accept the death of their spouses. Unfortunately, their advice fell on deaf ears. At first, both of them considered sharing the Magic Stone, but then it came about that it could only be used once, and by one person. Hence began the war between the two empires, as each ruler fought to get the Magic Stone first.

Fast forward to eleven years later, and the war is still ongoing. A few months previously, the Magic Stone had consequently gone missing, as a result of both parties constantly stealing it from each other. Celeste and Stellar remain uninvolved in this war, though Solenn and Lunos still rival each other. It is not known whether the Magic Stone will be found, or whether the peace will ever be restored...