"I Love Her" (Episode 6)

Hi there! So, I just finished the 3rd season, and I am sleep deprived, and upset. To somewhat cope, I wrote this very quick fanfic based on the scene in Episode 6, except it's in El's point of view.
Cover was made using screenshots provided by the lovely
>>>>

All of this madness was riding on El.

She did her best to hone in on finding not only Billy, but Heather and her parents, Mrs. Driscoll, and several other people, quickly swiping her nose every time a fresh drop of blood flowed down, but she was finding it difficult to find everyone.

However, she was successful in finding her target, and was ready to tell the others. That's when she started to hear an argument brewing just outside of her bedroom between Mike and Max.

She took the blindfold off, standing up, and getting ready to stop the ensuing battle of words, but she stops, listening closely to what both parties had to say as they were talking about her.

"...She's her own person fully capable of making her own decisions!" Max claims.

"She's risking her own life for no reason!" Mike fires back.

El continues to hear more voices piling into the mix, arguments over what she has done to save the world, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment when she hears Mike accuse the girls of spying on the boys.

"All of you are careless with her powers!" El heard him argue over being treated like a machine. The girl decided that she heard enough, proceeding to turn the knob of her bedroom door, hearing Mike's rambles grow louder and faster.

"...Can we please come up with a new plan because I love her, and I can't lose her again!" El's hand froze, her eyes wide as she lets out a gasp. She lets go of the doorknob as she let the words run through her mind.

Her heart began to beat fast as she thought back to the last couple of days. She had to admit that she did miss him, despite dumping him because he lied to her.

Max was right, she was her own person who could make her own decisions, that she was sure of. But her heart could not deny that she felt the same way about Mike; that she loved him, too.

With that thought in mind, she opened the door, slowly walking out. "What's going on here?" She asks, playing dumb over the initial confession she had just heard, her eyes on Mike, whose cheeks were a bright red.

"Nothing, nothing." The teen replied, and she felt herself deflate slightly. "Oh," her eyes look downwards and away from Mike and everyone else.

She thought that maybe now wasn't a good time to admit her reciprocated feelings for Mike, and instead told the group that she found who they were looking for.

With that in mind, El prepared to head back into the Void once again.