Prologue

Max looked out from the cave on a world that had changed so much in the past few months. Itex had finally succeeded in taking out most of the normal humans, the ones they deemed unuseful. Now most of the world was empty, a lot of it gone to rot. What was left of civilization was under Itex's control. Flyboys and the latest recombinant lifeforms swarmed in the thousands to keep it that way.

As much as the world had changed, so had Max. She'd seen the flock fall apart. Seen Gazzy die with her own eyes. Seen Angel choose Itex over them, for real this time. Seen Nudge, the only one who was always on Max's side, up and fly coop to find a home. Seen Iggy captured. Now it was just Max and Fang. They were waiting for the dust to settle, but they were far from done. They were facing their hardest time yet, but they would not give up.

First they needed to get what was left of the flock back together. Save Iggy. Find Nudge. Beat some sense into Angel. Then they'd try to get some allies among the previous leaders who were unhappy( to put it mildly )with Itex. Maybe they'd never be able to win against a force like Itex, but they had to try. They'd survived through so much, beat every test along the way. Now they had one final mission. And the world hung in the balance.