CHAPTER TWELVE

After James' confession to Tabitha and not being able to hear a respond since Frank and Sirius had interrupted, mainly because they couldn't stand the ball and soon enough, her bedroom became the getaway for most of the teens

He didn't get a moment to speak to her alone since she was being hogged by Alice, so he decided to wait it off the rest of the holiday, but he was left with the anxiety of it being awkward when they return to school.

Though that was proven to be the opposite since Tabitha had not avoided him at all, but he was still left without a reply of his confession. Which he pushed aside since he assumed, she wanted to pretend it never happened, but that was far from it.

Tabitha had remembered the confession, and she knew leaving him without an answer was unfair, but she wanted to wait a little longer, just to sort out her own feelings.

For James, he had found himself seeking advice from the last person he thought he would never turn to.

"So, you confessed, and she never said anything back?" Lily said slowly as they both were sitting on a lone bench in the courtyard.

"Yeah basically" James let out a sigh plopping his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward.

"But she still hangs out with you," Lily stated and he nodded," Yeah, like the confession never happened"

"Maybe it's because she's trying to sort her feelings out" She stated making him looked at her," I've actually been in a study group with Tabitha, and she is such a sweet girl. Alice always talks about her as well, and I can say I know enough, that she is not pretending it never happened"

"You really think so?" James perked up as she smiled

"Of course, just give her time"

"Time huh?" He mumbled

"Yeah, and please don't do what you did for me. Tabitha is a nice girl who really deserves to be treated right, and not—"

"Make it a living to confess to someone who clearly wasn't interested" James looked at her and chuckled," Which by the way, I learned from it"

"Well that's good Potter, it was kind of nice sometimes, but don't you think being friends is better than being romantically involved between us?" Lily asked and James looked at her and let out a small laugh.

"Yeah it does actually" James admitted then stood up," Thanks for well talking to me about this"

"No problem I think it's more of me saying thanks for not making it weird and if you need more advice don't hesitate." Lily chuckled

"Thank you, Evans," He grinned," I'll see you around, got to find my little Hufflepuff" He teased making her laugh

"You do that Potter and make sure to take care of her!" Lily added as James nodded walking away.