killers

CHAPTER eighteen

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Like a F-ing God or Something
part4
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Like a F-ing God or Somethingpart4||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

•was there ever a time when we weren't•
killers
⚚⚚⚚

The church was filled with whispers and chatter. Bleu had called everyone back for the announcement of the punishment. She walked down the aisle with a serious face. She had ordered that all members of The Guard were behind Dewey. The only exception was Grizz. He didn't want to be out of the loop if someone attempted to attack Bleu, so he placed himself behind her, in case of an emergency.

Dewey and Helena sat at the same table. Allie and Will sat a few rows behind them and Campbell was nowhere to be found. Bleu walked up the aisle and faced the group. She didn't sit down and she didn't smile. She stayed straight-faced. The room got quiet.

She looked around as the chatter died down. Bleu looked at Dewey and sighed.

"I had two decisions to make. Two rulings. First, Campbell. This court is not about vengeance. It's about fairness and justice. The only evidence we have against Campbell is from Dewey himself and it is unreliable. No evidence means no trial. So, last night I ordered that Campbell be released from custody."

The uproar in the crowd began. Bleu simply looked around.

"It was the right thing to do," Bleu said sternly.

The kids became quiet whenever she spoke up.

Last night, Bleu had decided by herself what Dewey's punishment would be. As much as she hated to admit it the boys were right. There was only one answer, one way to get around this situation. People had to fear Bleu, be scared to cross her.

"As for Dewey, he has been found guilty of murder and the punishment for murder is...death."

Bleu kept a serious face as kids stood up and objected. All the people who were so quick to turn on Dewey decided, all of a sudden, they would protect him. Bleu stayed quiet as Dewey stood up.

"Are you kidding me?" He yelled at Bleu.

Luke and Jason pulled Dewey back into his seat as Bleu looked around. She remained still as more kids stood up.

"Let this be a warning." Bleu simply stated.

"This is not a court!" Dewey objected and stood up but he was met by Luke and Jason holding him back. "You are fucking crazy! You hear me?"

Luke and Jason started to drag Dewey down the aisle.

"You have no right!" Dewey yelled as he was dragged. "I'm going to fucking kill, you bitch! I'm gonna kill you! Then you'll be dead just like Cassandra!"