Part One

“Well that’s not normal.”
“God Scott it’s like you can read my freaking mind.”
“How did it happen stiles? Did you get bitten?”
“Nah… just woke up like this. Do you think it has anything to do with the, you know…”
“The Nogitsune?”
“Yeah.”
“Maybe? It’s not like I’m any kind of expert, but shouldn’t you be half fox then?”
“Fuck if I know, dude. Let’s just call Derek.”
“Why do you want to call him, Stiles?”
“Because one way or another, he always has something to do with this kind of shit.”

Dear diary
I’m on the chessboard now. Even more officially than before. I’d even get my own label if I had any idea what to call me.
Scott has been pretty useless, but it’s not like I called him over with high expectations. All he’s really done so far is gawk at me, and ask questions I don’t have the answer to. I shifted back after about half an hour, which was a bigger relief than I care to admit. Despite how nice it was to be supernatural for a while, I certainly couldn’t go outside looking the way I did.
Derek said he would could around 110am which was fifteen minutes ago. The more anxious I am, the closer the shift feels.
This is not going to be easy, or enjoyable in the slightest.
Stiles

My phone buzzes for the first time in weeks. I’m not even sure why I still charge it. Although me, the introverted recluse getting rid of the last thing that ties me to society, probably wouldn’t be a good idea.
I take my time before stretching out and retrieving my phone. It’s stiles, and he says he needs help with something. My stomach lurches uncomfortably, like phantom hunger pains. I realize the simile isn’t too far off, except it isn’t food I’m starved of. Its people, friends, companionship…. Pack.
I tell Stiles I’ll be there at ten, then go back to doing virtually nothing. No need for Stiles to know this is the first eventful thing that’s happened this week, and I would be dropping literally nothing if I drove over there right now. No need for stiles to know how much of a lonely, sad hermit I’ve become.

Scott’s tapping on my arm.
“What do you want Scott?” I snap, freshly out of patience. It’s been a long morning of prodding, questioning, moaning, shifting and waiting for Derek. Who is now an hour late. What the hell could he be doing that is more important than this?
“Stiles, can I see your beta form again please?” Scott begs.
“Why?” I grouch, flopping down on the couch beside him, “I’ve shifted often enough now that I know it’s not for scientific purposes.”
“Yeah, but your just so cute!” he proclaims, ruffling my hair.
“If I do will you stop being an ass?” I bargain.
“Sure,” he agrees, watching my face eagerly.
Shifting isn’t hard, in fact it feels really good to drop the human features. Like I’m taking on my true form, not the other way around.
Scott grins, and I can’t help grinning back.
“Do you think you can shift fully?” he asks, and my good mood is swallowed like an alcoholics final drops of gin.
“How would I know,” I snarl, and he snickers at the sight of my fangs.
“Well it is your body he retorts, and reaches over to stroke my inhuman ear.
“My body which I’ve had since this morning,” I huff swatting his hand away, “I’m practically a new born child. You may as well have asked a baby if it can somersault .”
“Your not a baby Stiles, even if you do whine like one.”
“Yeah, well you-”
Derek choses that exact moment to walk in.

Oh my God. Only Stiles could get himself turned into a freaking werecat.
He’s stretched out across the couch like he’s been granted supreme powers by the god of comfort and laziness. I take in his black, satellite ears that flicker in my direction, his slit pupil eyes that widen in surprise, his finely clawed hands that tense against the couch and his elegant tale. It swishes softly along the floor, and I notice small white blotches that disrupt the otherwise flawless fur.
“Wow, Stiles, I think you’ve out done your self this time,” I say struggling to keep it together. And failing. I haven’t smiled for so long, it feels like nothing short of the end of the world can hold it back now.
“Derek, wow, I can’t believe your laughing at me right now.” Stiles whines and I instantly feel bad.
“It’s not that I’m laughing at you Stiles, it’s just that- you look so right as a cat. Like it’s what you’ve been all along, we just never noticed it.” I try placate him and redeem myself.
Stiles frowns ruminatively and says, “It’s weird that you say that, because it’s literally how it feels.”
“O-kay,” Scott says from his seat by Stiles. I’m gonna go, give you two some one on one, alpha-beta time.”
“Sure,” Stiles says and I can’t help feeling more comfortable now that he’s left.
“You can come sit if you want,” Stiles suggests timidly. It’s like a switch has turned, and the feline laziness has morphed into cautious curiosity.
I nod mutely and take the seat beside him. Stiles is perched on the edge of the seat, looking ready to bolt. His tail sways anxiously along the floor, and brushes against me as I sit down.
“Sorry,” he says hastily, grabbing has tail and attempting to keep it still in his lap, “I’m still getting the hang of every thing.”
“That’s fine,” I say, completely distracted by the way his ears swivel towards the sound of my voice, “Can I pet them?”
Stiles blushes darkly, “Oh um, sure.”
They feel like silk between my fingers. His body trembles alarmingly and I begin to withdraw, only to realize he is purring. His slitted pupils are blown wide, and his expression is overwhelmingly blissed out.
“God your adorable,” I gasp, and pull him into my lap. The purring increases tenfold, “I swear Stiles, if you go looking for a cure for this I will never forgive you.”
“Then stay,” he bargains, burrowing further into my arms, “Stay and we can figure out all the how’s and why’s tomorrow.”
“Deal.”