Chapter 1

The planet loid, a small planet with a relatively tiny population of not more than 2000. The planet had trees like earth and had 12 moons that come out on different times of the year.

      Loids grow slowly but they can't be killed by natural causes. When they are about 70 years old, they are reverted to babies but not baby loids. They become a specie from another planet and are sent to that planet to live. They are named when become 16 years old. So the younger ones are known by numbers. This has always been their way of life. The babies are born with the number on their shoulders. And this happens every sixteen years.

    They had no contact with the outside world but they saw that as an advantage as there was always in peace.

      It's was normal day in planet loid. Citizen 021 was fantasizing again. She loved reading about other parts of the universe. She was a highly intelligent loid but was very different from others.

   She wanted to explore the universe but the loids were happy where they were. No one was allowed out of the planet except on some occasions where they had to check on some intruders or settle disputes with neighboring planets.

021's POV

" 021, are you listening?" A teacher asked.

"Huh. Oh, yes Mrs Opiah." I replied.

"Really? OK then you should be able to tell me in details  the reason why no one is allowed out of the planet." She said obviously knowing that I wasn't listening.

"Our kind was being hunted by the flans. A specie that lived very far away from us. They needed our blood as a power source to keep their planet alive but they also needed to find the eternal source which was lost a long time  ago. It is said that the eternal source was absorbed by a loid by accident so they needed to find the loid that absorbed it. Not knowing which loid had it led to us being captured in hundreds. A lot of loids were killed when they couldn't find it. Knowing that the eternal source would protect it's host, the loids were put to tests that would end their lives. Seeing that his kingdom was about to fall, the loid king began to build ship to transport his people to another planet which is the one we live in today. We loids have since then been living in secret. Extinct to other space explorers." I explained. This is a story that I've been told a thousand times. Every child in Loid is constantly reminded of this so that we don't even think of wanting to leave this planet for any reason.

Mrs Opiah looked aghast at my explanation.

"That is absolutely correct." She said as the bell rang.

"Alright class is dismissed. You can leave. All except 021." She said.

"I hope I haven't done anything wrong." I said.

"No but I'd like it if you could leave your fantasies about the outside world and concentrate in class. I'll call your parents to talk to you. You may know the history behind Loids but you seem to not see how dangerous it is outside. I know you are an explorer at heart but i want you to think about the consequences of going outside of Loid." She said

"Yes ma'am." I said. I know everyone wanted me to be like my age mates but I don't want to be someone I'm not. I knew what I would see when I got home since the teacher decided to call my parents.