AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi. This is thequadraticformula.

I'm sorry I haven't got a chapter ready for Shooting Stars. One will be out soon, but I've been quite busy these past few weeks. Hopefully I'll have a new chapter by the end of the week, but unfortunately I can't make any promises. But this one-shot was a spur of the moment thing that I just had to publish.

I was inspired to write this after hearing about Mina's condition and that she won't be able to participate in the Twicelights tour.

This is not meant to mock the situation or to dramatise it and make it something entertaining. I have no real idea about Mina's actual situation and feelings. This is not something to be joked about, and that is not what I intend to do by writing this short story.

The point of this story is to bring awareness to mental health and anxiety. Though Mina's situation may be far beyond or beneath the scope of an anxiety disorder, I still want to take this opportunity to write and to let people know about the reality of anxiety and what it feels like to live with it.

I am taking this situation as a prompt and it may not be realistic in any way, shape or form, but the point of my writing in this case isn't to be realistic in the situation, but to be realistic in the feelings that Mina may be feeling when she thinks about stepping onto the stage to perform.

I, myself, have anxiety that I now take medication for. I thought that anxiety is just something people can get over and deal with themselves. But sometimes it's unexplained and random. You could be shopping on a normal day and suddenly find yourself in a panic. You could be sitting at home in your room and feel an impending fear of something unknown.

This story is meant to convey these emotions and experiences. It won't be realistic. And it is definitely not meant to mock this situation in any way. This is serious, and I'm glad that JYP has acted so quickly to allow Mina to focus on her health and to take action against those who have said horrible things about Mina due to her situation.

I hope Mina takes all the time she needs for herself, and that she is able to get well soon. I hope she is getting the help and treatment that she needs

Thank you for those who have read this whole note.

I hope this story means a little more to you now.

If any of this story is offensive to anyone, please let me know and I will take it down immediately. 

I have no intention of offending anyone or to mock Mina's situation.