The Last Time We Ever Spoke

"Captain!"

Erens voice echoed through the collapsed buildings and his 3D maneuver gear reared back into place.

"The last titan has been killed. We are still searching for any survivors in the battlefield" he said as he came into proximity of Levi.

"Good, find everybody you can and make sure they make it if they're alive" Levi exclaimed as Hange came over to him.

"Levi, we don't have good news I am afraid" Hange said. Hanges arm lifted, and a finger pointed to the reminants of a house.

Automatically, Levi was off. His maneuver gear spiralling into the air, blood remains on the flooring and buildings, but one person was on his mind.

They had been in the same group for many years, and secretly been communicating to one another. He was eager to reach her exact position.

With the expression Hange gave, it wasn't a good sign.

It was at that moment, his heart shivered inside his body.

Blood was staining her clothes, and her sword was cut deep into her abdomen.

"L-Levi" she coughed, blood erupting from her mouth as she spoke.

"Rosa" he exclaimed as he came down to her height.

She was sprawled among the rubble, her limbs spread out and her arms holding her abdomen.

"That one damn titan just got in the way" she chuckled, but a excruciating pain came across her face.

"Stop speaking. The medics are on their way, just conserve as much energy as you can please"

His plea was desperate: eyes began to water and his lip began to quaver slowly.

"Hey, don't start crying on me now-" but a violent cough erupted.

"Stop talking Rosa!" His hands now pushing onto the wound to reduce the bleeding. Despite him hating dirt and grime, he had a different feeling for Rosa.

They both were secretly seeing one another, sharing moments and acting cold towards one another in the field. But Hange knew and kept it quiet for their sake.

"Hey, don't go soft on me, you're stronger than that, Levi"

A blood stained hand touched his face, then fell to the floor. She panted heavily as the medics arrived.

"Captain-"

"What took you so long?! Hurry up and save her!" before ending that sentence, he continued.

"We need all the survivors we can get!"

"Yes sir!"

Levi removed his hands from Rosa and wiped them clean. They escorted Rosa to the walls and tended to her wounds.

***

5 days later... 

***

Levi and Hange were sipping tea, waiting for eager news of the survivors. Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Jean and Connie also were waiting for the news on fellow comrades.

The door opened.

"Captain, we have news. In all efforts to save the remaining candidates, only 3 survived I am afraid. Sasha Blouse, Rosa Swann and Floch Forster"

Immediately Connie and Jean rushed up, followed by the rest of the team apart from Levi and Hange.

"Er, sir, may we be dismissed to see Sasha?" Connie asked as the entire group stopped.