The Flood and the Fall

Disclaimer: Good Omens, along with its characters, locations, etc. are the property of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. If I owned the rights to it, I wouldn't still be desperate to meet the man that I absolutely ADORE: David Tennant.

Summary: As God is busy flooding the Earth, Crowley and Aziraphale are left stranded in a cave at the top of a mountain. Crowley starts getting flashbacks of his Fall. Later, after the near-Apocalypse, Aziraphale asks Crowley about his Fall, and what caused it. Aziraphale/Crowley at the end. Hurt/Comfort, angst, fluff. One-Shot. Rated T.

A/N: I just thought that the scene about the flood deserved more of an in-depth exploration. I figured that this was when Aziraphale started to notice that Crowley isn't all bad ("You can't kill kids!") I also wanted to explore it after the Apocalypse, when they can, in my opinion, actually express their feelings to one another. Please leave a review if you like it!

..........

The Flood and the Fall

..........

Mesopotamia, 3004 B.C.:

"Hello, Aziraphale" Crowley sauntered up behind the angel, a small smile on his lips.

"Crawly." Aziraphale stated.

"So, giving the mortals a flaming sword, how'd that work out for you?" Crowley inquired, a smirk on his face.

"The Almighty has never actually mentioned it again." Aziraphale answered cautiously.

"Probably a good thing." Crowley concedes. "What's all this about? Build a big boat and fill it with a travelling zoo?"

"From what I hear, God's a bit tetchy. Wiping out the human race. Big storm." Aziraphale explained.

"All of them?" Crowley questioned, eyebrows knitted together.

"Just the locals." Aziraphale answered swiftly. "I don't believe the Almighty is upset with the Chinese. Or the Native Americans. Or the Australians."

"Yet." Crowley retorted.

"And God's not actually going to wipe out all the locals." Aziraphale continued, not registering Crowley's remark. "I mean, Noah up there. His family, his sons, their wives, they're all going to be fine."

"But they're... drowning everybody else?" Crowley raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

Aziraphale nodded, his lips pressed in a thin line.

"Not the kids, you can't kill kids." Crowley's mouth was wide with shock and anger.

"Mmhmm." Aziraphale nodded again, his voice higher than normal.

"That's more the kind of thing you'd expect my lot to do." Crowley said.

"Yes, but, when it's done, the Almighty's going to put up a new thing, called a rain-bow. As a promise not to... drown everyone again." Aziraphale replied, seeming to try to come to terms with what God was doing.

"How kind." Crowley stated, making it clear that he thought God was being cruel, not kind.

"You can't judge the Almighty, Crawly. God's plans are –"

"Are you going to say 'ineffable?'" Crowley cut Aziraphale off mid-argument.

Aziraphale paused. "Possibly." He muttered.

"Oi, Shem! That unicorn's gonna make a run for it! Yeah – aw, it's too late. It's too late!" Crowley yelled, ignoring Aziraphale. "Well, you've still got one of them." He mumbled.