Prologue l - All I Wanna Do Is Run

Gabby wasn't sure what to do.

She hadn't been doing anything wrong. Just wandering the boring hallways and riding the elevator all the way up and then back down without it stopping. Gabby had hacked into the system the day before so even if someone pressed the elevator button, it would still pass right by that level. It wasn't what you were supposed to do, but out of all her pranks, this was the most harmless one.

So, when Fury had called for her to meet him in his office, Gabby was worried. She had trudged to his office, replaying the last few days and couldn't find anything that majorly impacted S.H.I.E.L.D or any of the agents. Gabby knocked on the door and when no one answered, she opened the door. Fury sat in his chair, sipping a drink from his coffee mug, and was reading a file on the desk.

"Whatever's in that file, it's a lie." She pleaded, eyeing the file cautiously.

Fury rolled his eyes, "You're not in trouble, I just wanted to give you something. Take a seat, Agent 8."

The two chairs in the room were large and comfy and looked like they could swallow you whole. Gabby sat down in the left one, remembering something she told herself at the orphanage: left is lucky, right is wrong. She frowned, she couldn't understand why she said that. Hydra had messed her mind up pretty bad, she could recall most of the memories of her past but there were some Hydra had randomly taken from her by accident during one of their experiments.

There was something shiny on the desk in front of her, and when Gabby stared closer at it, she realised it was a disk. Fury must have noticed her looking at it because he moved it inside the folder with the file. She reddened at this and when she opened her mouth to explain she wasn't being nosy, that she just hadn't noticed what it was, Fury handed the folder to her.

Her mouth closed itself and Gabby took the folder from him and slowly opened the front cover. The disk was there in a plastic bag, nothing unusual on it. The file was behind it, tucked in a slot. It was only a few pages long as she flipped through it. Gabby glanced up at Fury for him to explain.

"This folder arrived in the lobby mysteriously and our cameras cannot pick up anyone that put it there. We haven't watched the CD, we don't know what would happen if we did but it appears to be a complication of multiple movies. The file goes into more detail but I'll give you a quick summary" Fury stops talking to make sure she is following. Gabby gestures for him to continue,

He takes in a deep breath and says, "Okay, so the movies are about the Avengers. There are single movies about each Avenger as an individual and there are movies about the Avengers main battles. The ones in the future. The person who gave us this, who we can call Samantha according to her, wants everyone to watch them because it is to make better relationships with each other before the battles happen. It is to make sure no mistakes happen this time."

Gabby gasps, all their lives on that disk? Right there in front of her? "Is my backstory in there too?"

Fury scratches the back of his neck, "There is a section in there for you, so yes. It isn't a movie actually, which was what Samatha wrote, but Samantha has these powers so she went into your head and literally just recorded your past."

She groans and rubs her temples. That means all the memories she can't remember are in there, her time with Hydra is there, her time at the orphanage and on the street, her parents dying too. She can't process all this information Fury just spat at her, so she just shoves it into the back of her head for later. Probably not her best idea but it would work for now.

Gabby closes the folder and nods, "May I be dismissed?"

"Hold on," Fury objected, "Samantha has written that she wants us to meet at the cinema in this room to watch it tomorrow at 11 am. She has said she can program the system to make her voice fills the room when she talks like an AI. I also want you to read that file tonight. Read it thoroughly. And don't tell Captain Rogers"