holiday

CHAPTER twentytwo

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Allie's Rules
part3
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Allie's Rulespart3||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

that wasn't a very happy
holiday
⚚⚚⚚

When Gordie announced this the crowd surrounding him was awestruck. No one whispered or murmured. Everyone just stood still. Bleu looked up at Grizz and even he looked was surprised by the fact that no one was sure where they were. Even Allie, who was standing in front of everyone was astonished and had no idea what to say.

"Okay." Bleu whispered to herself and Grizz looked down at her. "Okay!" She said louder so everyone could hear her.

She walked through the middle of the group and joined Gordie, Bean, and Allie on the gazebo. Bleu faced the group, everyone was almost white with fear.

"We all knew that the answer was going to be weird." Bleu hesitated as she tried to find something to say that would make the situation better. "I-I think that this is actually, kind, hopeful."

The group was silent except for a single girl in the front. She knitted her eyebrows and looked up at Bleu and asked.

"How do you figure that?"

"Because, if this isn't our Earth, then it means that everything we love and miss is still out there." Bleu crossed her arms over her body trying to get warm, but she continued her speech. "Our parents are still alive and our siblings. They're just someplace else. I mean, doors work both ways. If we came here in one direction there has to be a way to get back. This also means that this is a new world, and as far as we know, we are its first people. . .and this is it's first Thanksgiving. Sooo, let's go eat!"

Bleu stepped down from the gazebo and found Grizz in the crowd. Grizz put his arm around Bleu and looked up and smiled at him.

The entire church was filled from wall to wall. Tables filled the center with people sitting at them enjoying their meals. The walls were decorated with paper chains that were orange and brown. Tables of turkey, and potatoes, and desserts lined the edges of the room. Bleu stood next to the food tables and just watched everyone eat. Everyone was happy, their minds were distracted.

The Guard brought in about five large turkeys and set them on the tables. People began to get and up and feast on the large birds and within about twenty minutes all that was left was bones and overcooked meat.

Bleu was walking around checking on people and asking how the food was. She walked over and sat down next to Grizz and her friends. Helena smiled at her as she sat down across from her. Within the next thirty minutes, all that was left over was picked over food and scraps of turkey. The only table still filled with food was the dessert table.